About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
As a Senior Utility Worker II at DEN you will perform a variety of semi-skilled work and light to heavy physical labor in support of various construction, maintenance, repair, and operational functions.
- Performs semi-skilled and light to heavy physical labor on a variety of construction, maintenance, and repair projects that involves physical exertion and the operation of light weight motorized equipment and hand and power tools.
- Operates construction equipment such as jackhammers, air spades, shovels, rotors, metal detectors, and air drills and hand digs, excavates, shores, grades, and backfills trenches.
- Operates light weight equipment powered by small engines for maintenance and minor construction projects and patches asphalt and paved areas.
- Performs semi-skilled work assisting skilled trade workers maintain city infrastructure including routine repairs to buildings and facilities such as painting, plastering, roof repairs, plumbing repairs, and electrical equipment repairs.
- Breaks out cement, digs out areas for new cement bases, mixes and pours cement for traffic control boxes, signal light poles, and pull boxes, and installs plastic PVC or metal piping in bases for traffic signal wiring.
- Irrigates assigned areas with manual or computerized equipment and applies chemical herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers onto lawn areas.
- Performs exterior maintenance duties including mowing and aerating fields, lawn areas, and ditches, rakes leaves, clears ditches, lakes, pond, and park areas of debris, prunes shrubs, and plants bushes and trees.
- Performs minor repairs on gardening and grounds equipment, vehicles, and machinery including repairs of sprinkler systems and may design and fabricate equipment and tools as needed.
- Places and removes barricades, cones, and other traffic control and safety devices in and around work areas for construction and maintenance projects in accordance of with traffic regulation requirements.
- Assembles, moves, removes, and relocates furniture, furnishings, and equipment and repairs and stores articles of furniture.
We are looking for candidates for some or all the following skills and experience:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail and time management.
- Interpersonal Skills - Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others and relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
- Reading - Understands and interprets written material, including technical material, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, and charts, graphs, or tables; applies what is learned from written material to specific situations.
- Self-Management - Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Technical Competence- Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training and/or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
- Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members. Shows empathy, listens, supports, and cares for others, and reconciles conflict.
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you have the following minimum qualifications:
- Experience requirements- One (1) year of experience performing unskilled labor work
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
- License: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application
- This position also requires a Class A and B CDL Commercial Driver's License with appropriate endorsements before end of probation period.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CJ2041 Utility Worker II
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$17.87 - $26.80
Based on Education and experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here