Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at:
http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ Mohave County is currently recruiting for an Auto Mechanic in the Public Works Fleet Services Division. Hiring at Range 13, Step 1-3: $18.57 - $20.48 DOQ
Performs journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of county-owned automotive vehicles, light trucks and other related vehicles and equipment. Positions are normally filled by advancement from the Automotive Services Technician level or, when filled from outside, requires prior automotive mechanic experience. REPORTS TO
Work is performed under general supervision of a supervisor or higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
May exercise technical supervision of inexperienced or new employees.Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions on automotive vehicles and related equipment, such as emergency response equipment on patrol vehicles in accordance with service manuals.
- Performs regularly scheduled and preventive maintenance on automotive vehicles to include but not limited to changing oil and filters, lubricants, and checking condition of belts, tires and shocks in accordance with service manuals.
- Road tests vehicles and operates equipment to assist in diagnosis and troubleshooting and to confirm repair.
- Diagnoses, maintains, repairs or rebuilds automotive components and equipment to include but not limited to engines, electrical systems, brakes, emission and fuel systems, front end suspension, heating and air conditioning systems, automatic transmission/transaxle and manual transmission/drive train, other engine and vehicle components.
- Installs, diagnoses, maintains, repairs or rebuilds emergency equipment on Sheriff Department related vehicles
- Commutes to locations requiring emergency vehicle assistance due to malfunctions to diagnosis and perform repairs or install temporary measures.
- Creates work orders to maintain daily work records of work done, material used and time spent.
- Creates, installs, and maintains simple electrical circuits.
- Occasionally fabricates parts, hoses and tools.
- Occasionally may assist other mechanics in repairing of vehicles and equipment as required.
- Maintains an adequate supply of materials, equipment and tools required to fulfill work assignments.
- Cleans, maintains and services required equipment and tools used during performance of work assignments.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School diploma /GED.
- Three (3) years successful experience in the automotive maintenance and repair area as a Trades Helper II or when filled from outside, three (3) years' experience as an Automotive Mechanic or related field involving the maintenance and repair of automotive vehicles and related equipment.
- OR any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must possess a valid Driver's License for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Tools are to be provided and maintained at the employee's cost.
- Must pass physical agility and/or drug screen post offer.
- Methods, procedures, materials, equipment and tools used for the maintenance and repair of automotive vehicles and related equipment such as the installation of emergency response equipment.
- Automotive hydraulics, electrical systems, drive lines, gas engine, steering, cooling and air conditioning system and other related vehicle components.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Performing all phases of automotive major repair including overhauls.
- Safe, effective operation and maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in vehicle and related equipment diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical problems.
- Safely and effectively service, maintain and repair assigned vehicles and equipment in accordance with standard repair, maintenance, operation, and safety procedures.
- Overhaul and rebuild engines and other related components of automotive vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date chronological records and documentation.
- Interpret and apply established guidelines and procedures as provided in service manuals and related documentation.
- Follow and interpret written and oral instructions and data generated from diagnostic and troubleshooting equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel and personnel of other County departments.
- Fulfill physical requirements of work assignments to include moderate lifting of 20 - 50 pounds and performing work assignments with the use of tools and equipment in cramped and contorted positions.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.