Description: Working Title
Assistant Academic Office Coordinator SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
School of Theatre and Dance / School of Music Appointment Type
This will be a one year temporary position. Time Base
Full-Time (1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Anticipated Hiring Range
$3,400.00 - $4,000.00 per Month ($40,800.00 - $48,000.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
The School s of Theatre & Dance and Music Assistant Academic Office Coordinator provides ongoing administrative support to the departments . The Assistant AOC will report to the directors of each college, oversee ing the department's reception and front desk operations; schedules department specific events in the Casablanca Room, Little Theater, Dance Studio, and Knuth Hall and coordinates event support, and use of other multi - purpose departmental facilities . Incumbent will be the first point of contact for faculty and student
inquiries. Position Information
- Supervise front desk student workers and oversee office during operating hours
- Front desk reception
- Train and support regarding reception protocols (in the office; phone; email), calendars, filing systems
- As needed, assist with more complicated inquiries and matters, including referrals to appropriate areas or individ uals.
- Maintain forms and process es associated with Faculty and Student Travel p aperwork
- Initiate all department key requests including keeping a spreadsheet of recipients
- Website maintenance and Social Media management
- Management of School iLearn collabor ative site
- Development & coordination of internship programs
- Organize and manage photo and video archive (Theatre/Dance)
- Management of all office supplies for main office and faculty offices (eg ink, paper, etc.)
- Newsletter creation and management
GRADUAT E PROGRAMS
- Maintain all forms, processes and procedures associated with graduate inquiries, application, selection, admission, and graduation.
- Maintain applicant and current grad student files.
- Answer prospective applicant and grad emails & phone calls.
- Guide prospective grad students on tours of School of Theatre and Dance . facilities, schedule permitting.
- Coordinate graduate student orientations.
- Ensure website reflects current procedures and deadlines associated with the graduate program .
- Assist grad coordinators as needed, including regular communication regarding any updates in policy, unusual student questions, and graduate applicant tracking.
- Update grad students regularly about current procedures and deadlines associated with the program.
- Schedule events held in Casablanca Room, Little Theatre, Dance Studio , Music specific events in Knuth ; coordinate related support; oversee reservation process for other multi - use departmental spaces.
- Maintain forms, spreadsh eets, processes and procedures associated with reservation process.
- Answer emails and phone calls regarding the reservation process
- Connect event holders with their assigned staff person via email and make sure support needs can be met.
- Submit alcohol clea rance forms to R isk M anagement as needed
- Prepare and deliver invoices
- Report staffing/payroll needs to AOC
- Facilitate application and selection process
- Ensure website and Academic Works information is updated.
- Log/organize applications before distributing to selection committees.
- Log decisions and prepare scholarship request forms.
- Applicant correspondence.
Other duties as assigned
At All Times
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi - Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Work experience in an office in a post-secondary setting, including interacting with students.
- Training and/or experience using SFSU databases and systems on Campus Solutions , Academic Works and HRMS platforms.
- Ability to research and interpret SF State p olicies and procedures that are directly relevant to the essential job functions of the position.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to address routine and unique problems using reason a nd creativity; understands when problems require a consultative approach and/or supervisory input.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
• Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
• Effective communication across a variety of venues.
• Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
• Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
• Diversity and inclusion. Required/License/Certification
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. Environmental/Physical/Special
Ability to work at a computer for extended periods. Pre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. CSUEU Position
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: September 6, 2022