The Position This is a limited continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 4/20/21, *5/20/21(final)
The class of Water Quality Control Systems Technician is the journey level class in this series, and, under general supervision, maintains and repairs pneumatic, chemical, electric, and electronic components, analog and digital networks and systems, analysis equipment, computer control equipment's including computers and computer peripherals, and telemetry equipment used in process instrumentation and control systems. Watch to explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Analog and digital system fault diagnostic techniques and procedures.
- Principles underlying the construction and use of scientific instruments.
- Principles of chemistry and physics.
- Electronic and electrical high and low voltage circuits.
- The methods, practices and equipment used in maintaining, repairing, testing and adjusting electro-mechanical, pneumatic, electronic and other types of recording, control and measuring instruments.
- Safety practices necessary for the work.
Employment Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Read and interpret analog equipment schematics, analog system network diagrams, plans, blueprints and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Read and interpret recording charts, gauges and other instruments.
- Learn the operation of special purpose scientific measuring devices and correct malfunctions and sources of error.
- Work with hand tools and test instruments.
- Work and communicate with operations and maintenance personnel.
- Keep records.
- Present data.
- Prepare reports.
- Read, write and speak the English language at a level required for successful job performance.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Work day, swing, or graveyard shifts.
Any combination equivalent to experience and education or training that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and ability for this class would be:Either
: Permanent status in the class of Instrument Technician in Sacramento County service.Or
: 1. An AA or AS technology degree dealing with instrumentation, computers, or electronics, or 30 college level semester units in instrumentation, computers or electronics.And
2. Two years of full-time experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of industrial instrumentation, control or communication system components involving the application of physical, chemical and electronic principles, at least one year of which shall have dealt with the maintenance of digital equipment.
Education Substitution : Additional qualifying education in instrumentation, computers, or electronics may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the general experience on the basis that three (3) semester units equal one (1) month of experience.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.Special Requirements
License Required :
Possession of a valid California Driver License, Class C or higher, will be required prior to appointment.Note
: Failure to maintain the appropriate valid California Driver License, Class C or higher, constitutes cause for termination from the class in accordance with Civil Service Rule 11.4.
- Ability to work while standing on a ladder.
- Ability to work while standing on a platform elevated over twenty (20) feet above ground.
- Ability to lift 50 pound objects.
- Ability to work outside under all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in heavy traffic.
- Ability to distinguish colors used in electric wiring color coding.
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months. Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 5/20/2021 5:00 PM Pacific