FIRST DAY OF FILING: Friday, August 21, 2020 at 8:30 a.m., Pacific Time (PT)
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAMINATION NUMBER:
PH5703DTYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job OpportunityNo Out-of-Class Experience will be accepted.DEFINITION:
Assist a Health Facilities Evaluator III in charge of a district office or specialized unit by performing lead supervisory, enforcement and administrative functions.CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS:
Positions allocable to this class report to a Health Facilities Evaluator III in charge of a district office or a specialized unit. Incumbents are responsible for legal affairs, enforcement procedures and related matters including the preparation and presentation of cases for prosecution or hearing. They also perform field evaluations of subordinate staff, when assigned to a district office.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises and evaluates the activities of survey teams in the field and recommends improved procedures to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Prepares written submissions related to enforcement actions and attends all informal disciplinary conferences with facility managers, as well as all administrative managers dealing with facilities within a district.
- Plans and conducts periodic spot reviews of health facilities in the district.
- Processes Medicare/Medi-Cal non-renewals and decertification and handles hearings and depositions related to such actions.
- Participates in fact gathering and analysis of death investigations, maintaining liaison with other investigating agencies.Initiates requests for coroner's inquests and attends related procedures.
- Prepares and submits final documents for license revocations, decertification non-renewals and injunctions, maintaining liaison with district office staff.
- Files criminal complaints and assists local prosecutors in the preparation of cases.
- Maintains liaison with police jurisdictions within the district or provides liaison between the districts and representatives of the other agencies, such as the Office of the Attorney General and City and District Attorneys.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
One year's experience as a Health Facilities Evaluator I.*LICENSE:
A certificate as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist issued by the California State Department of Health Services.**
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. PHYSICAL CLASS:
2 - Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
* To qualify applicants must
have County status in the specified class, as evidenced by holding or having held such payroll title in the service of Los Angeles County for the required amount of time to qualify.CERTIFICATE INFORMATION:
** You MUST
submit a legible copy of the required certificate (not the pocket license) as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist issued by the California State Department of Public Health with your application or within 15 calendar days of application submission to HRExams@ph.lacounty.gov
Failure to submit the required certificate within the given time frame will result in your application being REJECTED as INCOMPLETE.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION:
- Additional points will be awarded for additional experience beyond the Selection Requirements.
- Successfully passed the Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT).
In order to receive credit, you must include a legible copy
of the Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test Results with your application online at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission to HRExams@ph.lacounty.gov.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of education, experience, and desirable qualifications based upon application information and supplemental questionnaire at the time of filing weighted 100%.Applicants must meet the Selection Requirements and must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be added on the Eligible Register.
Passing this examination and being added on the Eligible Register does not guarantee an offer of employment.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the examination will be added to the
Eligible Register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility. NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS
Complete applications will be processed on an as received basis and promulgated to the Eligible Register accordingly. VACANCY INFORMATION:
The Eligible Register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Public Health as they occur. AVAILABLE SHIFT
Any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
Applications must be filed ONLINE ONLY
. Applications submitted by U.S. mail, fax, or in person will NOT
be accepted. Any required documents and/or additional information, if any, must be received with your application at the time of filing online or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission to HRExams@ph.lacounty.gov.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply"
button located at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
Applicants must submit their completed applications by 5:00 p.m., PT, on the last day of filing.
The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly
shown that you meet
the SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
. Fill out your application and supplemental questionnaire completely and correctly to receive full credit for any relevant education, training, and job experience you include. In the space provided for education, include the names and addresses of schools attended, dates attended, degree received, and degree major. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job/position title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work and duties performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be REJECTED. IMPORTANT NOTES:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
- Please note that ALL information supplied by applicants and included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- Applications may be rejected at any stage of the examination and selection process.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION or RESCISSION OF APPOINTMENT.
- Utilizing VERBIAGE from Class Specification(s) and/or Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. In doing so your application will be dispositioned as INCOMPLETE and will not be accepted.
- Comments such as "SEE RESUME" or "SEE APPLICATION" will not be considered a valid response, therefore, using such statements will also result in your application being rejected as INCOMPLETE.
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their OWN user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record. FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed. Department Contact Name:
Exam AnalystDepartment Contact Phone:
(323) 914-8488Department Contact E-mail:
HRExams@ph.lacounty.gov California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922ADA Coordinator Phone:
(323) 914-8488Teletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone
: (800) 897-0077