Cashier & Zoo Retail Assistant-PT City of Waco, TX 1 of 3
Cashier & Zoo Retail Assistant -PT Office / Clerical 5571 Physical Type # 1
Zoo Guest Services Manager Cameron Park Zoo 209 Non-Exempt
Under basic supervision, provides retail customer services to the public.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides prompt and courteous cashier and retail services to the public; may processes fees for admissions and/or retail food service; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Maintains cash and fund accounts and records; may prepare and serve food and maintain cleanliness standards; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• City policies and procedures.
• Principles of bookkeeping, record keeping and records management.
• Safety and sanitation practices and methods for food preparation, distribution and storage when applicable.
• Food temperatures and labeling when applicable.
• Following and maintaining safety and hygiene standards.
• Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
• Entering numerical data into a computer system with skill and accuracy.
• Resolving customer service problems.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of customer service experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
• Texas food handler's certificate is required within 90 days of employment.
Cashier & Retail Assistant - PT City of Waco, TX 2 of 3
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical activities of this position include: o Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. o Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. o Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. o Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. o Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. o Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward. o Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. o Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles. o Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. o Finger Dexterity - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. o Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. o Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. o Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. o Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound. o Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
• The physical requirements of this position: o Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field vision: o The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
• The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: o Work is performed primarily in a well-lit, temperature-controlled working environment. o The worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, which may include proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. o The worker is subject to close quarters, crawl spaces, enclosed rooms and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Cashier & Retail Assistant - PT City of Waco, TX 3 of 3
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at-will' relationship. Job Description Acknowledgement I verify that I have received a copy of my job description by the signature below. As an employee of the City of Waco, I understand the duties and responsibilities assigned to me. Furthermore, I understand that the duties listed above are guidelines and will change over time, as necessary. From time to time, I understand that I may be asked to perform duties and handle responsibilities that are not specifically addressed in my job description.