This is a continuous recruitment to fill part-time Park Aide vacancies on an as needed basis. Under general supervision, this position performs unskilled work in the routine ground and custodial care and maintenance of City parks, facilities, athletic venues, grounds, and other landscaped and recreation areas; and performs related duties as assigned.
- This is a part-time, at-will position
- This position requires enrollment in the City's Alternate Retirement Systems (ARS)
- This position is not eligible for any health insurance or retirement benefits under the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) of Nevada
- Work schedule is Friday and Saturday from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm OR Saturday and Sunday from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and not to exceed 19 hours a week
- This position may be required to work holidays
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Six (6) months of full-time equivalent experience performing general maintenance work
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire Selection Process NOTE: You may be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book to prevent emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.