The Staff Services Analyst I/II classes are responsible for performing professional level analytical duties involving general administrative, staff development, fiscal, and/or program analytical work. Incumbents gather, tabulate, analyze, and chart data; interview and consult with departmental officials, employees, and others to give and receive information; prepare reports and make recommendations on procedures, policies, and program/functional area issues and alternatives; review and analyze proposed legislation and advise management on the potential impact; make decisions in financial, and other administrative systems of average to difficult complexity; prepare correspondence; and perform other related duties as assigned. Incumbents do not supervise other professional staff, but may supervise clerical and/or technical employees as an ancillary duty (not as the preponderant responsibility of the position).
The Staff Services Analyst I level is the entry level into the professional Staff Services series. Incumbents work under close supervision. Assignments are generally limited in scope and under the direction of a higher-level employee. As experience is gained, the incumbent is granted more independence from supervision. Most incumbents are expected to promote to the II level after one year of satisfactory performance; however, positions limited to analytical duties of a more routine, repetitive nature will be permanently allocated to the Staff Services Analyst I level.Minimum QualificationsPattern 1:
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor's degree;ORPattern 2:
Two (2) years (60 semester or 90 quarter) of college units;AND
One (1) year of full time experience as an Eligibility Specialist III, Integrated Case Worker III, Employment and Training Worker III, Social Worker II, Accounting Technician, Child Support Specialist III, or Staff Services Specialist; OR
Two (2) years of full time experience as an Eligibility Specialist II, Integrated Case Worker II, Employment and Training Worker II, Account Clerk III, or Child Support Specialist II; OR
Two (2) years of full time technical level experience involving general administrative, personnel, fiscal, staff development, or program work.
Substitution : Additional progressively responsible para-professional experience performing complex duties of a technical nature in any of the functional areas noted above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
While the above requirements outline the minimum qualifications, applicants may be further evaluated for qualifications beyond those listed. Those applicants that are determined to be most highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.Supplemental InformationADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The monthly salary range for SSA II is $3229.00-$4121.00
- The ability to speak, read, and write Spanish in addition to English would be an asset in this position, but is not required. Applicants for English/Spanish bilingual designated positions must take and pass the Merit System Services bilingual proficiency examination prior to appointment.
- A valid driver's license may be required at the time of appointment and employees may also be required to drive their own car, provide proof of car insurance, and a DMV clearance. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Position may require pre-employment drug testing, physical and fingerprinting for a background investigation.
- This position is full-time at 37.5 hours per week.
- Government agencies accessing US government information, which include federal tax information must ensure that background investigation requirements for all agency employees and contractors that have access to federal tax information are consistent to the IRS background investigation requirements for access to federal tax information. A background check may be required if the position requires access to these types of records.Background requirements consist of three components which include, fingerprinting, citizenship verification and local law enforcement checks. Applicable agencies must conduct investigation during time of hire and ensure a reinvestigation is conducted 10 years from the date of the previous background investigation for each employee that has access to federal tax information.
If supplemental questions are included as a part of this job bulletin, applicants may be rated based upon their responses to the supplemental questions. If rated, only those that are determined to be highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.SPECIAL TESTING ARRANGEMENTS
Special testing arrangements may be made to accommodate applicants for disability, military, or religious reasons. If you require such arrangements, please contact CalHR at email@example.com or 916-323-2785 upon notification that your application has been approved. Documentation from medical, military, school, or church officials outlining the accommodation request must be received by our office a minimum of five business days prior to a scheduled examination.ABOUT MODOC COUNTY
Modoc County is a geographically diverse area in the northeastern corner of California, and borders both Oregon and Nevada. The City of Alturas is the county seat and the only incorporated city in the County. Federal land comprises much of Modoc County, with employees from the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs and the US Fish and Wildlife Service assigned there. These federal operations account for a significant part of the County's economy. Modoc County is home to the Medicine Lake Highlands, which is the largest shield volcano on the US West Coast. You'll also find areas of lava flows, cinder cones, juniper flats, pine forests, and seasonal lakes, nearly one million acres of the Modoc National Forest, as well as hot springs and lava caves, which are common to the area, and geothermal energy resources.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous