The purpose of this position is to supervise recreational facilities within the City. This is accomplished by maintaining the interior facilities; overseeing the operations of the facility; developing and implementing recreational programs; and maintaining communication for the facility. Other duties include handling cash and closing the cash register; and interacting with other City employees and citizens.Essential Job Functions
Minimum QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED preferred. An Associate's degree or two years of college with major course work in leisure services, park administration, or a related field preferred
- Maintains the interior of facilities by removing trash from floors by sweeping and mopping; organizing office and equipment area; submitting reports for repairs or needed equipment as needed; cleaning and organizing storage area; cleaning the restroom and game room.
- Oversees the operations of the facility by supervising hallway; handing out equipment; directing customers to the proper location; promotes programs to patrons; performing record keeping; updating class records daily; and overseeing distribution of paperwork such as disclaimer sheets, receipts books, logs, and other documentation.
- Develops and implements recreational programs by overseeing gym programs; assisting in the schedule of classes; coordinating classes and rentals; teaching classes; and playing games with children.
- Maintains communication for the facility by communicating with customers about questions, suggestions, activities, and complaints; assisting with computerized publications; answering phones; making reservations for parties; greeting customers; reporting any suggestions and complaints to the supervisor; and interacting with public participants and school official.
- Handles cash and closes cash register by accepting payments; making receipts; recording money that was received; ensuring that customers were charged properly by having knowledge of all program times and prices; counting money for the day; separating petty cash; and placing money in the safe
- Recreation experience highly preferred.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License and CPR/First Aide Certification
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.