SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,100.00/month to $3,596.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
University Extension (UE) organizes and offers educational programs to matriculated and non-matriculated students of the University. It Is wholly self-supporting, functioning without general fund support. UE develops and maintains self-support programs from inception to marketing and finally to implementation. UE consists of multiple sub-centers: The American Language Program; the Center for International Education; Oakland Professional Development Center; Concord Campus, Online Teaching and Learning.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position provides administrative support for faculty, staff, and students of the Pre-Professional Health Academic Program (PHAP) offered through University Extension. PHAP is structured for students with bachelor's degrees who want to return to school to strengthen their knowledge in science related areas in order to be more competitive when applying for health-related studies or occupations, such as medicine or dentistry.
This position is responsible for maintaining deadlines, ensuring the office is running efficiently, and performing administrative duties. Administrative duties include: Enrolling students, maintains waitlist, ordering supplies, book orders, data entry, answering phones, processing completion certificates, and PHAP program inbox including but not limited to: inbox for prospective student, inbox for committee letter inquires, inbox for committee interview appointments, and office inbox.
This position will generally be the first point of contact for students seeking PHAP inquiries and service from the PHAP Office. This position acts as a gateway to faculty, staff, student body and is knowledgeable when they must be referred to others (such as the ASC I, the Director, Associate Director, or another department).
This is a temporary, full-time position through June 30, 2020, with the possibility of reappointment.
General Support Function:
* Responds to phone, emails, drop-ins.
* Oversees PHAP program inbox including but not limited to: inbox for prospective student, inbox for committee letter inquires, inbox for committee interview appointments, and office inbox.
* Builds and schedule classes.
* Maintains hard/electronic office files such as faculty evaluations.
* Prepares book orders, assists faculty with adjustments, and communicates with bookstore.
* Orders supplies and keeps inventory record.
* Submits maintenance work orders, room reservations for faculty, and IT service tickets.
* Stays current with news such as PHAP club events, internships/opportunities, Professional Schools application procedures, class schedule and relays information to students.
* Maintains PHAP Blackboard group regarding faculty, student staff info, and announcements.
* Follows established office policies and procedures.
* Prioritizes tasks, assesses problem areas and involves Associate Director, ASC I, and/ or Director when appropriate.
* Ensures confidentiality in all processing and transmission of forms.
Student/ Faculty Services:
* Prepares PHAP student orientation by involving PHAP Club members, adjusting Orientation booklet, and notifying students of event.
* Processes a large number of forms for 380 student bodies including but not limited to: add/ drop, special registrations, late withdrawals, Open University petitions, change of grade for faculty and students.
* Maintains program archive of all forms listed above.
* Communicates constantly with instructors regarding registration and duplicating procedures.
* Answers student general questions regarding registration, Add/Drop, Merit disbursement, University Extension, and Withdrawal.
* Provides initial screening of student transcripts and monitors completion checklist related to PHAP certificates.
* Acts as bridge between undergraduates and graduate students inquiring about Medical programs and procedures.
* Ensures that all instructional material requests are processed efficiently.
PHAP Committee Letter/ Biomedical Application Procedure:
* Assists with enforcing committee deadlines and requirements.
* Notifies students when committee interviews are available.
* Maintains multiple emails.
* Oversees cancellations and inquiries.
* Communicates constantly with committee members, writers, and director.
* Assists with compiling packets for writers and PHAP students.
* Houses, maintains, and continually updates committee files and forms.
* Communicates with students even after they completed PHAP in regards to committee letter.
* Sets up committee informational sessions.
* Strong written and oral communication skills and command of the English language.
* Demonstrated knowledge of computer application such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated knowledge of computer application such as Google Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Email.
* Ability to independently implement routine office procedures and apply policies and procedures according to available guidelines.
* Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy.
* Willingness to learn about health professions admissions process.
* Must be a flexible individual who works well under pressure.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse student, faculty, staff and community is essential.
* Ability to adapt to constant interruptions.
* Maintain a safe and secure workplace.
* Exceptional organization skills and ability to multitask.
* Cooperation skills/ability to work in group environment with faculty and management.
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of Health Professional Schools application procedure.
* Knowledge of Virtual faculty evaluations, AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADAS, OPTOMCAS, PHARMCAS, & VMCAS.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard CSUEB application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic e-mail reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive e-mail notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled