Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Outpatient therapist position working with adult SMI population. Primary responsibilities are to provide individual and group therapy, and complete comprehensive assessments for clients entering care. Position responsibilities also include evaluation, psycho-social education, and assists clients in developing and accomplishing treatment goals in individual and group settings. Provides consultation and education both internally and externally to community groups and emergency services
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, IL 60085
Hours: 37.5 hours a week.
- Tuesday (8:30am-8:00pm)
- Wednesday (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Thursday (8:30am-8:30pm)
- Friday (8:30am-4:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build strengths to meet their treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral for persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Acquires and utilizes knowledge of LCHD/CHC database and word processing software and other equipment commensurate with position.
- Meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing's on assigned clients.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field, with two years of experience is and clinical license in the State of Illinois is required, and
- If a recovering person, they must have two years of demonstrated sobriety.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be licensed by the State of Illinois as an Physician, Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam. The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.