Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
The Executive Assistant is an hourly position that performs highly responsible and confidential secretarial and administrative work for the Medical Director. Performs administrative tasks requiring the making of responsible decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provides assistance and secretarial coverage to administrative staff when necessary.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for all secretarial support functions to Medical Director, Regional Medical Directors, Women's Health Lead Physician, and Dental Director
- Types all correspondence and any other required typing for the Medical Director, Regional Medical Directors, Dental Director, and Women's Health Lead Physician as assigned
- Answers phones, monitors calls
- Develops and prepares various forms as needed. Reviews incoming correspondence and distributes to appropriate individuals
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer software to complete tasks
- Makes independent decisions within a defined scope requiring knowledge of program and agency policies and procedures
- May process payments/mail statements and review data entries for accuracy, identifying training issues as needed
- Troubleshoots and solves problems related to office equipment, furniture, and computer hardware and software.
- Exercises independent judgment in making standard programmatic decisions
- Develops and refines office procedures and practices, identifying methods to improve efficiency
- Monitors and follows through with program coordinators to maintain and meet deadlines
- Coordinates the preparation of new hire packets including PAF and submits to Human Resources
- Coordinates and registers staff at annual association meetings and arranges for travel and accommodations
- Maintains knowledge and ability to respond to agency inquiries with limited assistance
- Prepares travel reimbursements, procurement card reconciliations, mileage vouchers, expense reports and various forms as requested
- Schedules appointments and meetings for the Medical Director
- Takes and transcribes minutes from various meetings as directed
- Maintains committee membership lists and mailing lists
- Evaluates, prioritizes and completes daily work flow independently
- Represents the LCHD professionally and courteously in interactions and correspondence with Councils and/or Board of Health as directed
- Interacts with council members, association members and consultants regarding administrative needs
- May act as Secretary for Lake County Community Health Center Governing Council; prepares meeting agenda and packet information, records meeting minutes, and interacts with council members as needed
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience (business/office certifications)
- Four years of relevant experience required
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.