PAX SERVICE AGENT --Spirit AirlinesRegular Part Time
APPLY1. Identification Position: Passenger Service Agent Department: Operations-Passenger Services Responsible for Job Description: Human Resources Reports to: Passenger Service Supervisor WC: Office-Passenger Service Agent (APAXSV) FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
2. Summary Total Airport Services (TAS) Passenger Service Agent(s) are essential to providing a smooth enjoyable travel experience to every passenger. Our Passenger Service Agent(s) support a fast-paced airport environment proving quality front-line customer service, ticketing, check-in processing, luggage claim handling and service assistance to all traveling customers while effectively demonstrating TAS organizational guidelines as defined in our Best in Class program.*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Passenger Service Agent(s) are responsible for:
- Practicing safety conscious behaviors according to TAS organizational guidelines ensuring a safe and secure operation, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.- Greeting our customers to guide and assist them with ticketing and baggage check-in.- Safe preparation for aircraft arrival, boarding and deplaning customer service of aircraft passengers. Agents will also operate jet ways to place them in position prior to aircraft arrival and lifting, opening, closing, and securing aircraft doors.- Making professional public gate announcements that exhibit a positive persona.- Providing baggage service and assisting passengers with mishandled baggage.- Providing flight, ticket, direction and other travel information and customer services to passengers.- Understanding our customers' needs, quickly finding resolutions to problems and maintaining professionalism and composure.- Assist customers with special needs and unaccompanied minors.- Other duties as assigned.- NOTE: TAS Applicants must in accordance with International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards pass a security clearance (for airport security purposes) a federal background check, be fingerprinted, and complete the required educational course(s) prior to being issued an airport badge, and Customs Border Protection seal.
3. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operation Group - Performs the essential activities according to manuals, norms, processes and procedures, ensuring firmness of purpose in implementing processes and procedures, through Operational Group with business mindset, operational excellence assuring safety condition. Performs the essential activities according to manuals, norms, processes and procedures, ensuring firmness of purpose in implementing processes and procedures, through Operational Group with business mindset, operational excellence assuring safety condition.
4. QUALIFICATIONS An individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty satisfactorily, to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5. Experience: Previous Customer Service experience. Ideally in an airport environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- MS Outlook Communication Management software - MS Excel Spreadsheet software - MS Word, Word Processing software - MS Access Database Management software - Internet Usage - PC and MAC and Windows Usage experience - Airline Computer SoftwareCertifications, Licenses and Registrations - Valid State Driver's LicenseMathematical Skills
Reasoning AbilityAbility to work with common mathematical concepts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Other Skills, Abilities, and RequirementsAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
7. PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; regularly required to walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee must comfortably and continuously move/lift customer luggage with an average of 50 pounds, including some pieces exceeding 75 lbs.. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
8. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to working near moving parts; working in high places; fumes/airborne particles; toxic/caustic chemicals; and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
9. IT Devices and Tools for this role:
Extension PhoneComputer: Yes PORTABLE LAPTOP STANDARD LAPTOP DESKTOP No
Software: Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials Business Premium ADP QuickBooks Manager Plus PayCargo Cargo Spot DescartesTablet
***MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS ALL SPIRIT AIRLINES REQUIREMENTS***
Date posted: 11/11/2019