The Position Bargaining Unit: Local 856 - Health Services UnitTHE POSITION
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is recruiting for one (1) Full-Time and one (1) Part-Time vacancy as a Cardiac Ultrasonographer assigned to the Cardiopulmonary Unit at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (CCRMC) located in Martinez, CA.
As a Cardiac Ultrasonographer, the incumbent is responsible for selecting equipment for use in cardiac sonography, assisting/positioning patients in the examination room, performing 2-D and M-Mode echocardiograms with Doppler flow studies and Doppler color flow velocity and preparing records of functional, anatomical and pathological data.
This position reports to the Chief, Cardiopulmonary Support Services.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Experience conducting routine cardiac sonography examinations
- Experience working in a clinic and/or acute care setting
- Recent use of picture archiving and communication systems (PACS)
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to triage patients based on diagnosis
- Knowledge and utilization of Philips ultrasound systems
To read the complete job description, please visit the website: https://www.cccounty.us/hr
. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months.TENTATIVE EXAM DATE
Training and Experience: Periodically Until FilledTypical Tasks
Minimum Qualifications Certification Required:
- Positions and transfers patients and provides for patient safety
- Selects equipment for use in cardiac sonography set up according to the requirements of the examination
- Adjusts equipment controls according to specific orders
- Moves transducer by hand and observes sound wave display screen to note ultrasonic pattern produced
- Prepares a permanent record of the significant functional and/or anatomical and pathological data obtained for interpretation by a physician
- Performs first aid as necessary
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross examination
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness
- Secures and returns supplies
- May be responsible for recommendation/development of technical factors and equipment factors and equipment selection
- Recognizes common equipment malfunctions and makes minor repairs or adjustments as required
- Maintains adequate records as directed
- Provides and promotes excellent customer service for all internal and external customers
Possession of a valid certificate as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers; or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) issued by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI); AND a Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association or CPR certification issued by the American Red Cross.Selection Process Applicants must attach the required certification documents to their application that is listed on the Minimum Qualifications section. Applications submitted without the required certification documents will be disqualified.1. Application Filing:
All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.2. Application Evaluation:
Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.3. Training and Experience Evaluation:
Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
4. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score in order to be ranked on the eligible list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.