Job Description: Service Delivery Manage r
Reports To: CTO
The Service Delivery Manager is a versatile IT management position that oversee s infrastructure, operations, a nd end user support for the Enterprise Technology Department. This position is responsible for achieving operational excellence with exceptional service . R elationship management skills are a must for this position , as is th e ability to inspire teams to perform in a timely , high- quality manner . The ideal candidate will possess a blend of technical and customer -service experience , combined with premier verbal and written communication skills. Th is person should be a results-oriented professional with a proven ability to overcome challenges in a difficult , fast-paced environment. In this role , it is essential to be creative and energetic with a passion for excellence and an understanding of how well-managed technology can help the County meet its mission.
- Manage technical staff that are responsible for data center s , cloud services, networks, computer s , mobile devices , voice devices , radio s , and end - user support.
- Oversee key projects related to end-user experience .
- Maintain a high - performing service support capability, including local service desk, managed personal computer imaging/deployment and support processes.
- Quickly prioritize and solve support related challenges whether internal or by liaising with vendors.
- Drive improvements in service delivery by proactively identifying opportunities to improve on services, cost management , and end-user experience.
- Provide leadership to ensure that infrastructure and cloud services meet business and end-user requirements, further county and Enterprise Technology goals, and fit with the C ounty’s current enterprise architecture and IT security strategy.
- Manage and m aintain vendor relationships , keep current with future roadmaps.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for infrastructure and cloud services under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Evaluate proposals and RFP's for infrastructure and cloud services, and make appropriate recommendations.
- M aintain an inventory of infrastructure and cloud services ( diagrams & asset management) .
- Keep current on infrastructure -usage best practices.
- Ensure completion of installations and projects according to agreed scope, schedule, and cost baselines.
- Provide leadership to ensure infrastructure and cloud services are up to date with required and recommended upgrades, patches, etc.
- Ensure support teams are cross-trained and continuously evolving to meet the ever-changing technological support landscape.
- Measure and report team performance using standard metrics reports.
- Ensure the enterprise’s compliance with legislation, regulations, and standards pertaining to local government infrastructure , for example, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIP A A), Pa yment Card Industry (PCI), Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS), etc.
- Collaborate with analysts to evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new infrastructure and enhancements to existing infrastructure throughout the enterprise.
- Manage support personnel, including providing direction and priorities to staf f, completing performance appraisals, resolving employee issues , and ensuring staff’s adherence to established IT standards and policies . P rovide support, coaching and mentoring to staff with goals of improving collaboration and the team’s ability to support and enhance C ounty infra structure .
- Ensur e changes to the production environment are made in a manner to ensure adequate plan ning , tes ting , communica tion, and deliver y with minimal business disruption.
- Ensure all policies related to change control, audit, security, and segregation of duties are strictly followed.
- Oversee change control and incident management processes.
- Oversee completion of installations and projects according to agreed scope, schedule, and cost baselines.
- Familiarity with ITIL, ITSM and related support/service standards. Technical and practical understanding of how to support infrastructure, cloud services, operations, and end-user services in a diverse environment with multiple departments with differing needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical and management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into requirements.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willingness to work late/off hours during support challenges.
- Willingness to travel to support project s , initiatives, etc .
- Willingness to be on-call and reachable when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or closely related discipline desired and/or five years + experience managing IT support.
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit our Prospective Employee page to get additional information on why you should work for Lake County!
To learn more about the department you will be working for, visit (Recorder). To learn more about other services Lake County provides and to see some of our employees in action, visit our website to view videos.
If you need assistance writing your resume, we have some tools to help you at our Human Resources website.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.