311 Vernon Street Roseville, 95678 Description FINAL FILING DATE:
This position is open until filled
. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply. THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary, part-time position of Preschool Teacher and Substitute Preschool Teacher to work in programs located at various City facilities. The normal work schedule can be Monday through Friday or Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. or on-call substitute preschool teacher. This position is limited to 25 hours per week for a maximum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year. This position is for year-round employment. THE CITY
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following CORe Competencies as part of the City's culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one's own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
The City of Roseville Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department incorporates our culture into our everyday interactions with our co-workers and our community.
- Take Pride - We're proud of the services that we provide to our residents.
- Be Creative - We encourage an environment that allows for passion and innovation.
- Always Improving - We embrace change by fostering opportunities to learn, adapt and grow.
- Work As a Team -Teamwork makes us stronger, more efficient and adds value to our department.
- Make it Fun - We celebrate our co-workers, achievements and successes.
To perform a variety of duties related to planning, implementing and teaching age appropriate activities and/or programs for preschool age children at assigned City facilities. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stimulate interest while teaching and supervising program activities such as social activities, organized games, special events, arts and crafts, drama and sports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Maintain positive student and parent relationships and follow disciplinary procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean, orderly and pleasant classroom environment.
- Notify appropriate staff of any problems with regard to site maintenance, children and parents, and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
- Plan weekly lesson plans, monthly calendars and newsletters.
- Assist with and maintain annual budget; purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of understanding of the preschool aged child with regard to interests, skills, special needs, recreational activities and program planning of such activities.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
- Modern office equipment, methods, procedures, and computer hardware and software.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Report writing techniques.
Experience and Training Experience:
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; interpret, understand and follow policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff.
- Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables, chairs and carry supplies; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
- Lead a variety of activities and apply knowledge to an actual preschool program and the children therein.
- Understand and translate City policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
- Supervise, train and evaluate assigned temporary staff.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR if certified.
- Learn to operate a computer as necessary to perform job duties.
- Learn to identify problems regarding the facility and programs; refer difficult problems/irregularities for more advanced attention and recommend possible solutions.
- Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a preschool setting.
License or Certificate
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade, GED, or higher level degree and completion of twelve (12) college units in early childhood education.
- Possession of CPR and First Aid certificates within 6 months of hire.
- Have you completed twelve (12) college units in early childhood education?
- Are you a current CalPERS member? A current CalPERS member is someone who has funds on deposit with CalPERS.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
Job Announcement URL: http://www.roseville.ca.us/jobsRecruitment Contact
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org