Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for the planning, organizing, delivery and evaluation of programs. Responsible for developing philosophy and strategies involved in the delivery of services. Coordinator is responsible for two 24 hours sites, Group Home and Zion Apartment Program.
Location: 2410 Belvidere Rd, Waukegan, IL and 2905 Willow Lane CI Zion, IL
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision and development of program staff, including completion of evaluations.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage. Responsible for monthly staff schedule
- Monitors the program adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Assures ongoing compliance with Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center, Joint Commission Accreditation of Health Organization, federal and state standards and regulations.
- Monitors and insures physical plant maintenance and safety compliance.
- Obtains monthly service statistics and provides other statistical information.
- Promotes and facilitates the professional development of program staff by means of in-service training sessions.
- Interviews job applicants for staff positions and makes recommendations for hiring to Associate Director/Director.
- Provides direction on the scope, types, and evaluation of clinical and administrative programming that is offered utilizing published best practices and empirically proven clinical methodologies in delivery of client care.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities in conducting administrative and clinical meetings and ensures effective communication among all staff regarding administrative and clinical issues.
- Ensures that staff is trained on quality improvement concepts, tools and techniques.
- Participates in a council or workgroup as assigned.
- Maintains accountability standards required by LCHD/CHC and funding sources relative to quality and quantity of services provided by staff members.
- Conducts, coordinates, and supervises the program and regular review of clinical records in order to maintain compliance with funding sources.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a Master’s Degree in psychology, social work or related field, with two years of experience in chemical dependency/behavioral health field, which includes two years of supervisory experience.
- Licensing required-licensed by the State of Illinois as a Physician, Psychologist. Licensed Social Worker (L.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Professional Counselor (L.P.C.), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam. The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.