About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
This position will be responsible for providing support to DEN Capital Projects as the Program Controls Director. You will act as a technical advisor and liaison for AIM Development, Concourse Expansion Program (CEP) and others to assist in the development of PMIS procedures and organizing projects staff training programs. In addition, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with AIM Development senior leadership, CEP, project managers, and contract administrators to ensure their needs are clearly defined and that the PMO (Project Management Office) team provides the necessary resources (support, technology, and training) to deliver a consistent level of service.
- Provide the necessary support and direction to the PMO team and stakeholders to ensure that DEN and AIM are delivering a world class airport meeting its strategic objectives; Winning the Hearts of our Customers, Excelling in Financial Performance, Partnering for Operational Excellence, and Inspiring our Employees.
- Works with the management team and staff to recommend strategic initiatives, goals, and objectives for the division and once approved, to implement them.
- Directs the performance of the division by implementing the strategic plan, and the associated division level key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develops and implements strategies for optimizing performance of the division with the goal of meeting or exceeding the established KPI performance benchmarks.
- Establishes and implements division's standards, procedures, systems and guidelines. Provides expertise and consultative guidance to internal and external stakeholders as assigned which may include elected and appointed officials, citizens, and members of the business community.
- Implements initiatives, and achieves goals, objectives, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the section.
- Implements policies, programs, operating procedures and practices for the division and effectively manages operating costs. Ensures all budgets remain at or below established targets.
- Coaches, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Leads staff development initiatives that include training, development, and succession planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a stand out leader who has program controls experience with large programs. Our ideal candidate values honesty, transparency and team work. In addition, our top candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 to 10 Years of working program controls
- Previous management/supervisor experience
- Outstanding Communication skills
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Architecture, Planning or related field based on a specific position(s).
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of experience at the type and level of functional or operational management (comparable to at least "Manager" in the City's internal management classification series).
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shiftsAbout Everything Else
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$109,174.00 - $174,678.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here