The City of Santa Clara is seeking a Delivery Driver/Courier for the Library Department. This position is a great opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace and also for those who are seeking to learn more about working in a library environment.This is an as-needed, non-benefited position. This position requires a flexible work schedule with hours ranging from 15-20 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
For further details about the position, please contactLee Hagan at (408) 615-2961
Specific job duties of this position may not be included in the list below, nor do the examples cover all duties which may be performed.
Under direct supervision
- Operates vehicles (light truck or van)
- Pickup and delivery of interoffice mail, library materials and miscellaneous supplies to various City buildings and departments on a set schedule
- Performs routine, repetitive, manual work in connection with the use of library resources.
- Assists in the preparation and installation of displays and room set-ups
- Use of personal computer to perform simple clerical tasks
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using English at a basic level
- Possession of an appropriate, valid California Class C driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
- A Department of Motor Vehicle printout is required at the time of appointment.
Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesKnowledge of:
- Able to use basic computer programs
- Interpret and follow oral and written instructions
- Follow established policies and procedures
- Work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Bend, stoop, reach, carry, and lift as necessary to perform assigned duties
- Lift and carry 40 lbs. of static weight
- Establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships