Salary: $38,792-$52,369 DOE
GILA COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
1400 E. ASH STREET, GLOBE, AZ 85501
POSTED: JUNE 6, 2019 REVISED: OCTOBER 3, 2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PURPOSE OF THE JOB To supervise, assign, review, and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Sheriff Office Records Management Unit including managing the maintenance, retrieval, protection, and retention of records and ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and County and internal policies and procedures. This position ensures work quality, reviews and prepares police reports, logs citations and warnings, releases information and reports to the public, releases information to the County Attorney's Office and other jurisdictions, assists Sheriff's Office employees with records and provides customer assistance.
Regularly assigns work to other employees and supervises related activities. Provides recommendations on scheduling work hours of employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, reviews, and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Sheriff Office Records Management Unit including managing the maintenance, retrieval, protection and retention of all records, setting schedules and provides adequate staffing for the unit, supervising assigned personnel, staff training and assessment of performance, work monitoring and employee time reporting or leave requests processing.
• Oversees and monitors the orderly maintenance, ready availability, security, and confidentiality of law enforcement information and records processing support services to law enforcement agencies as part of the Sheriff's Office record; ensures compliance with local, State, and Federal privacy and security act requirements; maintains daily log regarding incoming and completed reports.
• Verifies and distributes departmental reports to relevant agencies and individuals; ensures the timely processing of departmental reports; verifies and disburses daily law enforcement reports, citations, warnings, and pawn shop tickets to departmental clerks for data entry into the departmental computer system.
• Maintains, processes, and audits arrest reports, warrants, and criminal histories and other records; confirms arrest warrants as necessary; monitors incoming jail dispositions for accuracy prior to sending to County Attorney.
• Operates and accesses automated criminal justice telecommunication information systems and subsystems and trains other employees; conducts records checks for warrants and criminal history using ACJIS system and maintains statistical records required by State and Federal government.
• Responds to departmental correspondence; may serve as Notary Public for internal and external customers. 10%
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position provides research support on departmental level budget preparation.
Provides project research support on community service projects.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position trains colleagues, explains County procedures or processes and participates in meetings.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails and reports.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts regularly with internal coworkers and other departmental personnel over the telephone, by email, and/or in person. Incidental contact with the public may occur as part of the work location.
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Frequently (More than 25% but less than 40% in a year).
19-036 PLEASE USE CIVILIAN/VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
/PREFERRED High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or Business/Public Administration preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Three (3) years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
ACJIS Certification and Notary Public License.
Administration and management, clerical, customer and personal service, Federal, State, Local laws, regulations, statutes and law enforcement.
Active learning, active listening, communicating diplomatically, customer service, problem solving, time management, multi-tasking, typing and data entry.
Make sense of multiple data, focus, multi-task, react in a calm and timely manner and maintain calm demeanor in stressful situations.
• Occasionally stands to attend to reported incidents; may be required to lift work related materials or equipment up to 25 lbs. in weight;
and constantly requires dexterity for keyboard operation.
• Incumbents in this position may be required to walk to and from work sites.
Incumbents in this position constantly perform work in an office environment. May be required to travel to other County locations.
SAFETY RISK EXPOSURE
Incumbents in this position are generally not exposed to safety risk. Occasionally, may become exposed to telephone verbal abuse by customers or citizens, and/or individuals with high level of emotional distress.
PROTECTIVE GEAR & SAFETY MANUALS
Incumbents in this position are required to constantly follow written safety procedures and manuals relevant to the division or department.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERROR
Potential errors can result in unfavorable public perceptions and legal ramifications.
Incumbents in this position are required to be U.S. citizens with zero felony convictions. Incumbents in this position are required to have a valid Arizona Driver's License. Prior to being hired, all incumbents in this position are subject to background check, as well as written and oral examinations.
APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO FURNISH, AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE, DOCUMENTARY PROOF OF EDUCATIONS, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE OR ANY OTHER PROOF OF COMPETENCY AS REQUIRED IN THE OFFICIAL CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTION OR ANNOUNCEMENT AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND/OR BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS AS A CONTINUING CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FURTHER, APPLICANTS FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING OPERATION OF A COUNTY OR PERSONAL VEHICLE ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS MUST POSSESS AND MAINTAIN COUNTY OR PERSONAL VEHICLE OPERATORS LICENSE. GILA COUNTY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY, AND FAMILIAL STATUS IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISIONS OF SERVICE. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.