About Our Job
The Technology Services division (TS) of the City and County of Denver is using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to deliver and improve the systems, applications and operations that we deliver to our customers. Technology Services supports the people, agencies and ideas that make the City and County of Denver world class city. The City offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse business and technology environment on a large scale as we employ over 14,000 people, of which 9,000+ are daily technology consumers in support of a diverse population in excess of 500,000 citizens.
In Technology Services, our mission is to improve city performance through four basic strategies: reliability, innovation, access and partnership. As an Identity Management Specialist, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, monitoring and supporting City and County of Denver's Identity Services including integration of systems and applications utilizing this infrastructure. In addition to tier 3 support this role will work with staff to assist with coding, configuration and deployment of identity related services.
In this Identity Management Specialist position, you will:
- Work with Developers and Architects in developing identity configurations based on requirements.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing identity systems.
- Assists with creating and maintaining documentation for identity installations, changes and upgrades.
- May coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Assists with developing and implementing strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of identity components.
- Assists with evaluating system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance and enhancement of identity applications.
- May perform lead work on small to medium projects.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.About You
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience working with Active Directory and group structures
- 1+ years of experience working with Okta or other access management system
- 1+ years of experience working with SailPoint or other identity governance system
- Understands roles based access models and is able to configure and support them
- Knowledge of associated industry protocol standards such as: OAuth, OpenID, SAML, LDAP, Kerberos
- Able to analyze identity related datasets in Excel and/or PowerBI
- Ability to manage to priorities and timelines
- Understanding of design/development methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of professional level experience implementing and maintaining middleware systems.
- Education & Experience Requirement: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
CI3086 IT Middleware Engineer Associate
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$69,576.00 - $111,322.00
$80,000 - $95,000 based on education and experience
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here