Examples of Duties Please Note: Extra-Help employees are not entitled to County benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
Facilitation/organization of community outreach resources and programs.Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate All Dad's Matter workshops, outreach and community engagement.
- Assist in male engagement activities.
- Assist in All Dad's Matter outreach.
- Meet with men one-on-one and conduct assessments.
- Implement evaluation tools.
- Supervise and manage staff as required.
- Plan, design and implement systems.
- Modify existing systems in response to changes in the County's operational environment and/or regulatory changes.
- Act as liaison with other departments affected by systems changes.
- Provide system specifications and monitors the testing of the new or revised programs.
- Recommend changes to County policies and procedures if necessary to optimize the efficiencies of the Department's services.
- Perform all duties required to complete assigned project or systems changes.
- These duties may include but are not limited to: general administrative, fiscal, program, and data processing system analysis.
- Gather, tabulate, and analyze data.
- Interview and consult with departmental officials, employees and others to give and receive information.
- Provide training and technical assistance to other staff.
Minimum Qualifications Experience:
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the system for which the specific department is requesting.Education:
Formal, advanced educational training in system of expertise is highly desirable. FAMILY CARE LEAVE
Family Care Leave applies to all employees who work 1250 or more hours in any twelve month period.
HEALTH PLANS AND LIFE INSURANCE
Extra-help employees are not entitled to County-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program benefits and are not eligible to participate in the Deferred Compensation Plan.
Extra-help employees are not entitled to pay or receive reimbursement from the County for Jury Duty.
PAID TIME BENEFITS
Extra-help employees are not entitled to paid bereavement, vacation, or holidays.
PAID SICK LEAVE
Extra-help employees are entitled to accrue up to three (3) paid sick days (24 hours) in a 12-month period.
Extra-help employment earnings are not covered under Social Security. Merced County provides an alternate plan - Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS) - for extra-help employees who are otherwise not eligible for participation in the County's retirement system.
The County does provide benefits to those eligible under the State Workers Compensation and Unemployment Insurance statutes.
THIS BULLETIN IS NOT A CONTRACT AND DOES NOT CREATE CONTRACTUAL OR LEGAL RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF ANY EMPLOYEE. THIS BULLETIN IS SUBJECT OF BEING SUPPLEMENTED, MODIFIED, WITHDRAWN OR OTHERWISE CHANGED PENDING LABOR AGREEMENTS AND/OR AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICER OR AS THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS DEEM NECESSARY.
For answers to specific questions regarding employee benefits, please call Human Resources at 209.385.7682.