About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers in 2018 and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States.
Our Electrical team is responsible for maintaining and repairing passenger loading bridges, auxiliary gate equipment, airfield and facility lighting, and power distribution systems in a highly dynamic, and exciting 24/7/365 environment. The Electrical Supervisor will supervise skilled and semi-skilled trades workers as well as perform hands on electrical work.
Additionally, they will:
- Fulfill customer expectations by identifying & meeting their needs, working collaboratively to solve problems, developing constructive relationships, and influencing their team to prioritize and deliver excellent customer service.
- Leverage effective communication, decision making, coaching, relationship building, and conflict resolution to encourage and guide individuals to deliver results and achieve goals.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to excellence in safety standards and develop procedures to ensure compliance.
- Supervise team of employees to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems and equipment. Evaluate the work of individuals, providing technical expertise and guidance, recommending process improvements, and establishing unit and staff work goals and objectives.
- Develop recommendations to establish and implement a scheduled maintenance program for specialized equipment.
- Coordinate projects with other trades. Review contracted work to recommend acceptance, rejection, or modification.
- Maintain thorough, detailed records and prepare daily activity reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will join a diverse team in an exciting and dynamic environment. Be prepared to accept the challenge of maintaining the primary economic engine in the state. Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 years experience working as a Journey Electrician at an airport or complex organization.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience.
- Experience maintaining 480V dual source switch gear.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Three (3) years experience as a journey electrician.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation.
- Valid journey Electrician License issued by the State of Colorado at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CJ2516 Electrical Supervisor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$57,481.00 - $91,970.00
Based on experience and education.
Denver International Airport
Labor and Trades Supervisor
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here