The San Mateo Medical Center is seeking Medical Services Assistant I
to perform basic and routine duties related to bedside care and other support services required to treat patients in an Operating Room environment. Duties may include the following: transport patients; assist nursing personnel in the care and lifting of patients; set up oxygen tanks, traction and other hospital equipment; transport specimens, medical records and other supplies and equipment to other units; perform light housekeeping duties as assigned; lift patients and heavy items such as supplies and equipment; assist with patients requiring security; and respond to various emergency codes, such as a "Code Blue."
The ideal candidate
will possess a CPR certificate.The selected candidate must obtain a CPR certificate within six (6) months of hire.NOTE: This list will be used for extra-help hire only.NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis.Some extra help positions are eligible for benefitsundertheAffordable Care Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
Examples Of Duties Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Transport patients throughout the various departments of the hospital.
- Provide assistance with lifting and transferring patients in the OR.
- Assist with room turnovers.
- Assisting with clean-up of anesthesia carts.
- Stocking fluid warmers.
- Cleaning and making up patient gurneys.
- Assist with positioning patients in the OR.
- Assist with cleaning equipment after use.
- Assist with obtaining needed supplies for the OR cases.
- Set up oxygen, traction and other hospital equipment.
- Transport specimens, medical records and other supplies and equipment.
- Perform light housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Assist with patients requiring security.
- Lift patients and heavy items such as supplies and equipment from room to room.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge of:
Basic principles, techniques and procedures in delivering patient care related to personal hygiene, comfort, treatment, physical and psychosocial needs. Skill/Ability to:
Education and Experience:
- Learn hospital and clinic techniques and procedures.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Performing routine tasks.
- Develop empathetic attitudes toward patients.
- Lift and transport patients and heavy items such as supplies and equipment.
- Work with culturally, socio-economically, diverse patient population of varying ages.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
Application/Examination This is an extra-help recruitment. Anyone may apply.
Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition toour regular employment application form. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) will screen application materials and will contact qualified candidates directly for a departmental interview.All examinations will be given in San Mateo County, California, and applicants must participate at their own expense.IMPORTANT
:Applications for this position will only be accepted online.
If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the"Apply"
button above or below. If you are not on the County's website, please go tohttps://jobs.smcgov.org/
to apply.Online applications must be received by the Human Resources Department before midnight on the final filing date.At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Analyst: Wendy Young(100719) (Medical Services Assistant I - F077)