About Our Job
The City and County of Denver is taking its marketing efforts to the next level. Denver Marketing and Media Services is embracing an opportunity to break out of the traditional government box and grow The Mile High City brand with innovative, video, and digital-led marketing solutions that speak to our customers - the people who live, work, and play in Denver. We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual to join our team.
Denver Marketing and Media Services manages the city's brand identity and works to create and support strategic efforts aimed at promoting the City and County of Denver. The department serves as a resource for all city agencies, advising them on marketing opportunities and best practices; traditional and emerging tools; design and messaging tactics; and helps to facilitate and leverage citywide sponsorship opportunities.
Denver 8 TV, our video production and online presence are vital parts of the city's global marketing endeavor. We are working to enhance customer experience by aligning digital technologies with marketing and communications efforts. Denver 8 TV provides live coverage of city council and committee meetings, public hearings, news conferences, election events, public policy forums, music shows, magazine show, and other original public policy programming. Denver Marketing & Media Services for the City and County of Denver is seeking a Television & Video Engineer to support the operation, repair, and maintenance of television technical systems and equipment at Denver Marketing and Media Services and provide seasonal support at Red Rocks, Levitt and Denver 8 TV..
As the Television Engineer, you will be the technical lead and will work with other managerial staff to ensure project completion in an efficient manner. You will manage and oversee each phase of installation, equipment maintenance or product development so that the team meets specifications and delivers quality products and services. You will also oversee technical operations and provide hands-on support in installing and maintaining video, audio, automation and other equipment associated with the creation and distribution of television broadcast quality video products. This will include: server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switches, MPEG encoders, decoders, computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment and systems. You will also be expected to train and mentor on call engineering staff.
Additionally, as an Television Engineer, you will:
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems and equipment
- Maintain and repair/arrange repair of transmitters (TV, Microwave, Fiber, Satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems audio equipment, video record systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms/RTS systems, monitors, and displays systems
- Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems, upgrade, and repair of existing systems
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Consult and communicate with management, IT professionals, and other engineers on technical issues
- Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed and technical systems
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards; draft, maintain, and communicate
SOPs, policies and procedural information
- Provide technical and informational training related to video equipment and systems
- Project management for IP transition of broadcast infrastructure and implementation of IP
- Work with leadership on strategy for implementation of IP and OTT systems
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.About You
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- An understanding of fiber-based transport of audio/video signals for broadcast communications
- Knowledge on broadcast and OTT hardware/software and network support and maintenance for IP based systems for TV and OTT
- Experience repairing broadcast systems and video equipment, along with other telecommunication devices to the component level
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of professional experience designing and installing video broadcast facilities and repairing other telecommunication devices to the component level.
- Education & Experience Requirement: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement except for two years of experience designing and installing video broadcast facilities and repairing other telecommunication devices to the component level. Additional appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement on a one year for one year basis.
- Certification & Licensure: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CI2335 Television Engineer
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$56,954.00 - $91,126.00
Based on education and experience
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here