COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES PROBATION DEPARTMENTTRANSFER OPPORTUNITYJOB#TRPB1514-01TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
LATERAL TRANSFER (NON-COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY)
The Probation Department'sAdult Specialized and Post Release Services Bureauis seeking a highly motivated, well-qualified individual to fill the position of Disaster Services Analyst.Restricted to permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have passed their initial probationary period and are currently holding the payroll title of Disaster Services Analyst.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, and time history report (prime variances only) for the last two (2) years to:DARIO GARCIALA County Probation DepartmentHuman Resources DivisionExamination and Recruitment Unit9150 East Imperial HighwayDowney, CA 90242Phone: (562) 382-2237Please email documents to DARIO.GARCIA@probation.lacounty.gov with the subject line, "Disaster Services Analyst."
All submitted documents will be evaluated and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Successful candidates must complete a background check which includes a review of their official personnel folder and reference checks.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and analyzes data used in the development and implementation of emergency and disaster plans, policies, and procedures; and researches and analyzes information related to technical studies in emergency and disaster planning and recovery services.
- Provides information to departmental staff and the public on policies and procedures related to emergency management operations; and gathers, reviews, and analyzes information for the preparation and dissemination of emergency management information, including for presentations and electronic and/or print distribution.
- Reviews and assesses documents and processes to assist in the development and implementation of emergency and disaster training and exercises, including policies and procedures; and prepares technical documents, plans, and reports.
- Collaborates and consults with representatives of government, public safety agencies, and the public regarding emergency management; and represents the department in public meetings with community partners and elected officials to provide information on policies and procedures and explain departmental decisions.
- Responds to emergencies and disasters, performing duties as assigned during an emergency in which the department is involved, including duringevacuations and as needed.
- Administers and presents emergency management training and exercises.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependable and adaptable.
- Strong organizational skills.
Permanent County of Los Angeles employees that have passed their initial probationary period and currently hold the payroll title of Disaster Services Analyst
.THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
*This vacancy is currentlylocated at Probation LACOE, 9525 Imperial Hwy.Downey, CA 90242, but is subject to change.