About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to oversee construction activities and manage Special Projects construction staff. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule monitoring of Project Schedules and Cost Loaded Schedule
- Development/Input on Risk Matrix (internal to DEN)
- Review of DEN Standards and Technical Specifications to prepare for Design Reviews
- Manages safety and inspection personnel during shift
- Monitors contractor's construction activities to ensure construction document conformance
- Monitors contractor performance activities and deliverables to ensure contract compliance
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual with excellent relationship building skills. In addition, we are looking for some who has experience leading and influencing others.
Our ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Five years of experience in construction management leading construction projects.
- A fundamental understanding of vertical commercial construction means/methods for all trade disciplines.
- Familiarity with construction contract administration
- A professional demeanor to foster positive working relationships with User Groups, Operations, Contractors and the Public.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional project management experience in the related occupational group including planning, managing, and scheduling projects and preparing and reviewing contract documents.
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CE2294 Project Manager II
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$83,601.00 - $133,762.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here