OVERVIEWKitsap County Auditor's Office, Elections Division, is seeking individuals who want to become engaged in the election process!
We now seek a few more extra help employees to assist with processing ballots, ballot pickup, vote centers and office support.
Kitsap County Elections manages voter registrations and elections for more than 186,000 voters in Kitsap County. As a leader in providing fair, open and accurate elections, Kitsap County ElectionsDivision iscurrently creating a roster of temporary employees who will work within various work groups within the Elections Division.
Election Workers perform a variety of duties necessary to support the administration of the general election in Kitsap County. Specific Job Duties will vary based on the needs of the Elections Division. Training is provided.QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Candidates must have punctual attendance and the ability to work the hours required for the assigned tasks. Depending upon theassigned work locations, workersmay have little or no public transportation available. Reliable transportation to work locations is required.Required Skills and Abilities:
- Data entry with accuracy and speed
- Attention to detail and proof reading skills
- Ability to file numerically or alphabetically with accuracy
- Ability to follow directions with strict rules and regulations
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and accurate manner
- Ability to work independently when required, as well as, ability to work in a team environment
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, lift, and/or move 25lbs.
- Reaching above and/or below shoulder
- Handling/grasping documents or equipment
- Work is performed primarily in anoffice environment
Kitsap County Auditor, Elections Division believes in an agile working environment. Creating a team that delivers now and in the future is very important. There may be various job duties that could be assigned to anyemployee. Examples of Job Duties: Customer Service -
Assist voters with questions on site, or may answer incoming calls, provide basic election information, look up voter information, and/or call voters to verify information; enter data and validate voter informationfor various elections related activities.Voter Services/Registration -
Process incoming voter registration requests and search for matching records, enter voter information for various elections related activities.Production -
Provide support for large-scale operations, including preparing and delivering election materials, reconciling, and maintaining data. Production jobs process incoming ballots and may require standing or sitting in one location for long periods of time. Most positions require lifting and moving ballot trays weighting up to 25 lbs. This may also include driving, and collection anddelivery of ballots.OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened continuously for completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- Covered by the Kitsap County Extra Help Policy
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- The office is open 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m. Monday through Friday. The number of work hours will vary according the workload. During peak election cycles some positions may work evenings and weekends.
Closing Date/Time: 10/18/2019 12:00 PM Pacific