About Our Job
The Denver Police Department (DPD) - Volunteers In Police Services (VIPS) is now accepting applications for Volunteers within the DPD.
Working with a task or field supervisor, volunteers will have the opportunity to learn and gain a better understanding of the Law Enforcement Field by participating and getting hands on experience assisting in these various areas: Training Scenario Role Playing, Administrative/Clerical Support, Translation, Social Media, Information Desk Help, COP Shops, Fingerprinting, Graphic Design, Photography, Property and Evidence, Community Relations Events.
Volunteering is an incredibly rewarding way to spend your time while enriching the lives of others. We have a wide variety of opportunities that are flexible on your schedule and time. We recruit for volunteers based on openings for specific positions and we aim to match your skills and experience with the best fit from our variety of opportunities.About You
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Able to commit to a minimum 30 hours in one calendar year
- Genuine interest in working with the community to foster positive relationships and experiences with the Police Department
Application Instructions: All interested volunteers should apply to this position and MUST attach the following:
About Everything Else
- Copy of your driver's license
- Signed Certification, Authorization and Waiver regarding Background Check and Completed "New Volunteer Identification Card Request" Form (click here) to download. Fill out all 3 pages, upload, and attach
WW1111 Contingent Worker
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$0.00 - $0.00
Denver Police Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here