Growth Opportunity for a Chief Administrative Officer
“Be a key strategic leader on the largest most ambitious transit expansion in the country”
- Sound Transit, founded in 1993, operates three transit services across the Seattle metropolitan area: The Link light rail system in Seattle and Tacoma; the Sounder commuter rail system from Everett to Lakewood, via Seattle, and the Sound Transit Express bus system.
- These three systems carried more than 47 million passengers in one year, including an average of 156,000 riders on weekdays.
- Growth mode - funded $54 Billion for the 25-year expansion - opportunity to influence the change and transformation of an entire organization.
- Guide a robust growing organization with innovative culture, leading and motivating, and mentoring staff through Innovative Change Management. With a strong mission and recently adopted strategic plan, the agency is primed to achieve its critical goals.
- Shape the future of this performance-driven and diversifying organization. In the last 20 years, Sound Transit has expanded from 20 to 1000 employees.
- Work with a nimble public agency!
Benefits and Features:
- Competitive, robust compensation package.
- Commitment to employee’s well-being: The American Heart Association has recognized Sound Transit’s Wellness Program for six years in a row.
- 20 Days of paid vacation per year, 12 days of sick leave per year, 10 holidays, 3 days bereavement leave.
Your Role with the Company:
Sound Transit has an amazing opportunity for the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) role which reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CAO will serve as an executive leader and key strategic partner to the CEO, while overseeing internal business operations. The CAO is an innovative, visionary leader who lives Sound Transit’s core values and transformative mindset to achieve performance. This individual will bring together and streamline the agency’s administrative and shared services in a way that enhances Sound Transit’s internal customer experiences and strategically-enables mission delivery at an exceptional level. The CAO will use their expertise and experience for leading teams to cultivate a diverse, inclusive, and high-performing workforce, and to transform, unify, and simplify core business practices and processes agency-wide.
- Seattle is in the Top 10 best places to live in 2019 (U.S. News)
- Climate is temperate all year long, with relatively dry summers and wet winters
- One of the most diverse and inclusive cities in the country
- Executive level experience in a large organization
- Skilled at developing and implementing business processes in complex organizations
- Experience implementing diversity and inclusion to an organization
- Experience with management of multiple departments and functional areas of shared services
- Experience in both private and public sector is a huge plus
For more information, please contact:
J Powers Recruiting, Inc.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.