About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
We are looking for a Senior Vice President for our Infrastructure and Maintenance Division. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced executive to oversee and drive the implementation of our strategic initiatives for our Field, Facility, Fleet, Electrical and Life Safety groups. The selected individual will function as a member of the senior leadership team of the airport, and as a primary liaison to the airlines and other stakeholders. They will oversee the division's personnel matters, safety programs, the development and tracking of performance metrics, and develop and formalize the asset/capital management program.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will lead a large team of employees and a multi-million dollar annual operating budget. The areas of responsibility include the management, maintenance and repair of the following: airport facilities and structures; airfield operating areas; landside areas; the vehicular fleet; maintenance control and services; safety systems; electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and power plant systems and equipment.
- As a member of the airport's senior leadership team, works collaboratively to support the airport's overall strategic plan.
- Directs and manages the Infrastructure and Maintenance Division, and represents the division working with airport management and stakeholders.
- Works with customers with divergent interests and sets priorities for moving forward. Provides advice to internal and external stakeholders with regard to maintenance related issues.
- Determines and implements the strategic initiatives, goals, and objectives of the division. Develops and establishes policies and procedures, performance standards, and operating guidelines.
- Ensures that work is performed in a manner that ensures the safety of our employees, stakeholders, and the traveling public.
- Establishes sound business approaches for allocating and utilizing the division's resources.
- Implements a communications program that provides employees with airport, division, and industry related information on a routine basis.
- In coordination with the Airport Operations Division, directs and manages snow removal program activities for the airport.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of aviation-related stakeholders and federally mandated regulations impacting DEN.
- Coaches, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Leads staff development initiatives that include training, development and succession planning. Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees to achieve or exceed performance metrics and prepare them for the future.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working at a large or medium sized airport
- 5-10 years of experience managing supervisor level or higher staff
- Experience managing a staff of 300 or larger
- Experience a snow removal operation or program
- Budget responsibility for a large, multi-section operation
- Asset management program strategy, development and implementation experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the specific functional or operational area.
- Experience: Three (3) years of management level work experience which must have included managing professional level staff specific to the functional or operational area in the field of study. One (1) year of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight responsibility, evaluation of business processes, and policy and decision-making experience with planning and organizing multiple programs, projects, operations, or functions.
- Licensures/Certification(s): This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CA2775 Deputy Manager Aviation
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$130,132.00 - $208,211.00
Based on experience and education
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here