About Our Job
Denver Marketing and Media Services (DMMS) is seeking a part-time intern to work 20-32 hours a week for a one-year period, starting September 2019. The selected candidate will experience a fast paced, professional environment and given the opportunity to witness firsthand, the internal operations while working with the rest of the team to achieve components of its strategic plan a core business value of the City.
The selected candidate will learn the Dalet Asset Management system and support our media asset management activities. The position also assists with technical level production work for Denver 8 TV by performing videography exercises and applying shooting techniques, learning our Final Cut Pro editing systems and attending training, utilize editing knowledge to support production goals, grasp and apply basic audio standards and skills, and set up studio and locations for shoots and operate and maintain television equipment. Ideal intern candidate has a communication degree with great writing skills along with some video production experience.
DMMS serves the communication and media resource needs of Denver City government and distributes information via Comcast and CenturyLink provided cable channels, Internet video portal accessed through Denvergov.org, and the city's social media network.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand our asset management workflow and Dalet system to aid with content acquisition, library management, distribution, and content access
- Learn and operate television cameras, audio systems, teleprompter, and related equipment to support video productions of all types
- Receive training on editing system to assist with putting short video pieces together
- May create graphics and titles for a studio, remote, live, and recorded productions with Inscriber system
- Assist with preparing for clients, client requests and meet and greets
- Read and analyze work orders to determine locations, work procedures, the sequence of operations, and equipment setup
- Assist with the planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation of the various Media Services projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Consistent track record of being dependable and reliable
- Currently pursuing education in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Media or Video Production or related field
- Technical experience working with video equipment, including cameras,graphics, and audio
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization skills
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Current enrollment in an accredited college program leading to a certificate, licensure, associates, bachelor's, or higher degree in, or a recent graduate (completed specified program within 1 year of completion).
- Experience Requirement: None
- Education and Experience Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted.
- Current college transcript (Official or Unofficial)
TA3181 Professional Administrative Intern
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$18.84 - $21.21
$18.84 - $21.21 hourly dependent on education level of selected candidate
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here