Under moderate supervision, performs skilled electrical construction, installation, and maintenance tasks on a variety of electrical systems and equipment.
Example Of Duties
- Installs and maintains a wide range of electrical apparatus, including, but not limited to, control boards, electric motors, and yard lighting systems
- Performs preventive and remedial maintenance on electrical systems in bus servicing and shop equipment
- Installs and maintains power distribution systems including transformers for voltages up to 4800 volts, distribution panels, lighting and service outlets
- Uses test instruments such as ampmeter, ohmmeter, megger, voltmeter, and other basic tools of the electrical trade
- Develops and works from electrical specifications, schematic diagrams, and construction blueprints
- Operates a variety of vehicles including truck equipment with bucket lifts
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
- 4 years' experience as an industrial maintenance electrician
- Completion of 18 semester hours of coursework in electricity or electrical maintenance at a recognized trade school preferred
- Up to 2 years' full-time training or education in basic electrical theory, repair, maintenance and safety procedures at a recognized trade school or apprenticeship program may be substituted for equivalent experience
- Valid California Certified Electrical Certification
- Valid California Class C driver's license
- Methods, materials, equipment, and safety procedures of the electrical trade; federal, state, and local electrical codes; design, construction, installation, and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
- Vehicle operations and safety
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot and correct operational problems
- Safety operate a variety of hand tools and power equipment
- Read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Work at heights up to 60 feet
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Travel to offsite locations within a reasonable timeframe
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location:
METRO Headquarters, Employment Office
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
*Open to the public and all Metro employeesThis job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Closing Date/Time: 01-OCT-19
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.