Candidate must have aHigh School Diploma or General Education Development equivalent, and two (2) years of journey level automotive or diesel mechanic experience.
Licenses and Certificates :
- Some positions may be required to obtain and maintain Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification within six (6) months of appointment.
- Texas Class "C" Driver's License or equivalent from another state.
- Some positions may require a Texas Class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or equivalent from another state.
- Some positions may require Environmental Protection Agency certification for refrigerant recycling and recovery within six (6) months of appointment.
- Special Requirements:
- Incumbents of positions requiring a CDL or of a safety sensitive nature are subject to drug and alcohol testing, and may be required to pass physical qualification examinations in accordance with federal regulations.
- Some positions must pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearance for working at an airport.
Under general supervision,
perform and undertake a variety of broad to specific fleet repair, maintenance and upkeep of work assignments.Typical Duties
Repair, recondition and maintain a variety of trucks, automobiles, buses and other City vehicles and equipment with gasoline, diesel or alternative fueled internal combustion engines. Involves: Assess, diagnosis, analyze, recommend and undertake overhaul repair, maintenance and upkeep tasks required based on work orders received. Identify parts, supplies and materials needed. Remove, inspect, install, and replace a variety of parts and items. Test and validate repairs and maintenance work. Perform regularly scheduled, emergency repair and/or preventative maintenance work. Determine compliance with established repair, maintenance and upkeep standards, operations and expectations. Update and maintain files, records, logs and reports. Interact with officials, contractors, employees, other departments or the general public to provide accurate information to inquiries, resolve problems and respond to inquiries.
Perform related duties as required. Involves: Perform duties of immediate supervisor or coworkers as necessary to ensure continuity of operations during absences. Maintain cleanliness of work area and tools.General Information
For complete job specification, click here .
Salary Range: $15.06 - $21.81 per hour
The starting salary is generally at the beginning of the salary range
Test Date: To be announced.
Please note: This is a new advertisement for the Fleet Maintenance Technician. You must apply if you are still interested in this position.Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. This position will close when a preset number of qualified applications have been received.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous