The Junior Staff in Training (JST) program is intended to function hand in hand with Fun Camps. JST's assist staff in providing activities for children.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The goal of the Oro Valley Summer Fun Camp program (SFC) is to provide quality recreational services to the youth of Oro Valley. It is designed to provide teens / young adults, the opportunity to develop the social, emotional and mental skills necessary for future success in the work place.
- JST's will assist staff in providing activities for children.
- JST's may also be requested to assist with community events.
- Assist in the planning and operation of camp activities, including the selection of materials/supplies, instruction of activities, supervision of the children, and other duties as requested by the staff.
- Assist in the maintenance of facilities and grounds, including but not limited to, picking up and taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, washing tables, picking up equipment, and generally taking care of the areas utilized by the Fun Camp.
- Serve as a positive role model for the children.
- Must be at least 13 years of age.
- Be interviewed & accepted.
- Attend a mandatory orientation meeting.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- There is a $60 Resident fee and a $70 Nonresident fee, to defray the cost of training uniforms. This fee is due after selection and prior to the first day of Fun Camp. Cash or checks made payable to the "Town of Oro Valley" or online registration and payment with a credit card, will be accepted.
- Applicants must complete all necessary paperwork, interview demonstrating enthusiasm and competency.
- Those chosen to be JST's, will be required to attend a mandatory Junior Staff in Training orientation. (dates TBA).
- Work is performed in (indoor and/or outdoor) environment.
- For JST's over the age of 16, background check and fingerprint clearance.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous