POSITION SUMMARY Position Open Until Filled with firstreview of applications on September 16, 2019Starting Salary Depending on Experience
Expected Hiring Range $114,903 - $129,266PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FINANCE DIRECTOR/CFO BROCHURE
Under administrative direction, responsible for the administration, supervision, management oversight and coordination of financial operations including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, payroll, audit coordination and purchasing.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Plans, directs, reviews and manages department activities encompassing a wide range of internal support services, including the Town's operating budget, capital improvement program, financial accounting and reporting, revenue collection, payroll, and procurement. Assists with financial analysis for employee benefits and wellness.
- Provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to Town management.
- Assures department compliance with and enforcement of applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances and codes.
- Supervises, motivates, and provides direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Oversees preparation and administration of department budgets.
- Performs administrative functions on behalf of the Town's self-insured medical and prescription plan and complies with the Town's HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures, especially as it pertains to use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Ensures department goals and objectives align with adopted Strategic Plan.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Possesses a solid background in all aspects of municipal finance, coupled with a general understanding of all Town operations.
- Establishes and maintains direction and regulation over revenues and expenditures in Town departments, divisions and services in accordance with accounting, auditing, reporting and managing practices.
- Interprets and enforces financial policies and procedures.
- Monitors business transactions/operations for compliance with laws, regulations, contracts and grant agreements relating to accounting and financial reporting.
- Coordinates and oversees development of Town budget including independent financial and cost analysis.
- Prepares reports of financial conditions and results of operations for Town agencies.
- Prepares reports comparing actual budget results to adopted budgets.
- Plans and organizes the Finance Department's accounting activities including financial statement preparation and coordination of annual audits.
- Identifies, analyzes and implements financial planning to maximize financial resources.
- Interviews prospective employees, hires and/or recommends hiring.
- Assigns, tracks and reviews work assignments and progress.
- Reviews and approves the formal performance evaluation of assigned department staff.
- Approves sick and vacation leave of assigned staff.
- Develops and implements disciplinary actions for assigned staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Town, state and federal statutes, ordinances, codes, rules and regulations governing public finance and accounting.
- Knowledge of management and/or supervision principles.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting principles.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and budgeting principles.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
- Skill in interpreting and applying relevant Town, state and Federal statutes, ordinances, codes, rules and regulations governing public finance and accounting.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, identifying and implementing solutions to complex problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in ensuring accuracy of all work performed.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Seven (7) years' experience in public finance administration, accounting or banking including three (3) years at a managerial level; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- CPA Licensure or master's degree preferred.
Directions for Applying
- Work is performed in an indoor environment.
Make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.Please attach your letter of interest, resume and three professional references.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous