Do you have the desire to make a meaningful impact in a vibrant and diverse community? Join a collaborative workforce in the expanding Information Technology (IT) Division committed to enhancing technologies to deliver exceptional public services and solutions.
If you are a talented systems and data center architect with experience designing and managing data centers, cloud services, and possess exceptional leadership skills, the Systems and Data Center Architect
position is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply now!The City may close this recruitmentat any time.
Reporting to the CIO, the Systems and Data Center Architect is a working title for the IT Administrator classification.Your Impact
- Oversee the data center, network architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, storage, configuration management, and licensing.
- Oversee architectural reviews of all projects and the evaluation of solutions and emerging technologies.
- Identify areas for improvement in existing infrastructure and processes; develop solutions and lead projects through completion.
- Perform in-depth servers and network services monitoring and troubleshooting, and thoroughly document resolutions.
- Interact with technology users to assess data types, IT systems, architectures, and application interconnections.
- Review and measure system dependencies, integrity, service level, and availability in order to maximize performance and comply with information secutiry requirements.
- Maintain and administer network standards, documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Develop a resilient and reliable recovery plan and ensure business continuity.
- Serve as a technical mentor to staff and contractors and provide guidance in resolving complex problems.
- Create or update operational policies, incorporating industry best practices. Comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, information technology management, or closely related field.
- Seven years of provensystems and data centerexperience preferred with three years performing duties described herein.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing data centers and cloud services.
- Excellent analytical skills to conceptualize business requirements and make recommendations with minimal instruction.
- Experience supporting 1,000+ users in a virtual servers environment, 24/7 operations including cloud services, VMware, Hyper-V, Cisco Network Infrastructure, and Palo Alto Firewall.
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Amazon Web Services, VMware, or equivalent certification(s) preferred.
Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live, according to Money Magazine . The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.
The expanding Information Technology
Division seeks dynamic and strategic technology professionals to join a team committed to enhancing services and partnerships, while meeting the ever-evolving challenges facing the computer security industry. The Strategic Technology Plan positions the City to deliver the technology infrastructure and critical tools needed to create a prosperous 21st century city, and provide reliable solutions for linking citizens, employees, applications, and facilities. This growing division is comprised of 20 technical and GIS employees and 30 contractors.The Process
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.