Prairie Lights Holiday Event 2019
The purpose of this position is to assist in the daily operations of the annual Prairie Lights holiday event. This is accomplished by serving as either a gate attendant, maintenance attendant, tent attendant or parking attendant. Duties include interacting with City employees and the general public.Must work 7 day PM schedule that includes Thanksgiving night, Christmas Eve and Christmas nights, and New Year's Eve and New Year's nights.Essential Job Functions
Provides customer service by having frequent interaction with citizens and park patrons; answering questions; and providing directions. Gate Attendant:
Collects entrance fees by informing customers of park rules; charging customers the proper entrance or activity fee; ensuring that proper receipt and forms are given to the customer and maintaining accurate records of transactions. Maintenance Attendant:
Maintains the interior of facilities by painting walls; vacuuming and cleaning carpets; buffing and mopping floors; assembling and moving furniture; dusting and polishing furniture; removing trash; and replacing interior lights.
Maintains the exterior of facilities by sweeping sidewalks; using the pressure washer to clean outside walls and sidewalks; remove litter, debris, and trash; replacing exterior lights; and the removal of graffiti. Tent Attendant:
Charge and collect proper entrance fees for special events and shows; informing customers of park rules; ensuring that proper receipt and forms are given to the customer and maintaining accurate records of transactions.
Provides security by monitoring and observing activities for the safety and security of citizens and patrons. Parking Attendant:
Control traffic congestion and help navigate customers through the park and find parking spaces.Minimum Qualifications
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- Must be able to work holiday event from November thru January. Evening hours that require weekends, some holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & day and New Years Eve and day. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather including rain and snow.
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Very Frequent: More than 51% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: 12/30/2019 5:00 PM Central