Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interviews, screen and assess mentally ill, drug addicted, dual diagnosis and learning disabled clients to determine program eligibility and vocational potential.
- Write a psycho/social vocational history summary on individuals selected for the program.
- May coordinate client vocational plans with referring therapists, case managers, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, and/or drug counselors.
- Administer vocational evaluations of clients using several written, academic tests, and hands on tests, including, but not limited to; the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS), Woodcock-Johnson, Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT 3, Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), Nelson-Denny.
- Assist in training staff in methods of completing client work evaluations and methods of supervising disabled persons in a work setting.
- Assists with job development and job placement for clients on caseload.
- Provide supportive follow-up for clients and Consumer Assistance Workers or Job Skills Placement Workers.
- Function as group leader in counseling groups and Consumer Assistance Worker meetings.
- Place clients in community educational and job skill training programs when appropriate.
- Performs case recording, reports and other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, or Program Administrator.
One (1) year of experience with direct patient or client contact in a mental health setting. A two (2) semester internship in a Public Mental Health setting can substitute for the one (1) year full time experience.Education:
Possession of a master's degree from an accredited college or university in Rehabilitation Counseling, Education, Psychology, or a closely related field.License:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
Possession of Marriage and Family Therapist license or Licensed Clinical Social Worker is desirable.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous