Under general supervision, performs routine skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work at the Water Resource Department facilities including: wastewater treatment plants, lift stations, water treatment sites, prv stations and well sites. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots motors, controls, programmable logic controllers, valves, electrical equipment, compressors and well equipment at the Water Resources Department facilities.
- Monitors and repairs water well and booster stations; maintains water chlorinator and generating equipment.
- Fabricates, constructs, installs, and repairs equipment and machinery.
- Operates a variety of trucks and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintains operation and maintenance records and schedules.
- Completes required daily documentation, logs and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School diploma or GED equivalent and three (3) years skilled in the maintenance and operations of wastewater treatment, collections, water distribution, water treatment and equipment operations experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Additional Information: Special Requirements:
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of water and wastewater treatment distribution and operation.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair methods and materials.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, tools, and materials used in maintaining, repairing, or constructing deep well facilities, booster stations, wastewater treatment plant equipment and machinery and wastewater lift stations.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics of systems involving pneumatic tanks, deep wells, air compressors, actuators, wet wells, pumps, and booster stations.
- Knowledge of safety standards and practices.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and rules involved in vehicle and equipment operation.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of trucks and equipment according to standard operating and safety procedures.
- Skill in reading and interpreting maps, technical specifications and operations manuals for vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
Possession of a valid Arizona Driver's License. Must acquire Grade 1 Wastewater Operator Certification from ADEQ within one year of hire.Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors and in public facilities.Reports To:
Water Resources SupervisorSupervision Exercised:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous