TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH9008-19-23
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
The Out-of-Home Care Development and Appeals and State Hearings Section is recruiting a highly qualifiedindividualto review, analyze, and write responses to appeal issues.This position is located at 9320 Telstar Ave. # 216, El Monte, CA 91731.
Essential Job Functions
The Appeals Hearing Specialist (AHS) has the responsibility of representing the County in administrative hearings for the Department of Children and Family Services clients who have appealed adverse actions or non-actions in relation with the receipt of Aid to Families with Dependent Children-Foster Care, Approved Relative Caregiver, Adoption Assistance Program, Kin-Gap, and Medi-Cal benefits.Specialized training will be provided for the individual selected for this position. Duties include but not limited to:
- Reviewing case policies and procedures and determining the appropriateness of adverse actions that are taken or actions not taken.
- Responsible for gathering pertinent documents.
- Writing position statements and presenting the statements at the hearings.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must already hold the payroll title of Appeals Hearing Specialist. Bilingual Spanish-speaking is not required, but a plus. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of child welfare issues, Federal and State regulations, and Departmental policies and procedures relating to foster care eligibility determination.
- Sensitive to multi-cultural perspective and issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, other County departments, various state and local agencies, services and eligibility staff, appellants, attorneys, and community agencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Submission of interest does not guarantee an interview. The interview process will be used to determine the final employee selection.Before extending an offer to candidates the offer must be cleared by Personnel Section. This notice will remain open until the needs of the Department are met.
Staff interested in transferring should submit a cover letter with EMPLOYEE NUMBER
, resume, copies of their last two performance evaluations,time history (Prime Variances)for the past 2 years and a writing sample. The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications. Requested materials should be emailed/mailed
to:Elaine Tran9320 Telstar Avenue, Suite 216El Monte, CA 91731Tel: (626) email@example.com