The Position Bargaining Unit: Local 856 - LVN/Aide Unit
CLOSING DATE:Open Until FilledTHE POSITION
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is recruiting for one (1) qualified individual interested in theAnesthesia Technicianposition at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (CCRMC) located in Martinez, CA.
As an Anesthesia Technician, the incumbent will assist in the preparation of equipment and performance of anesthetic procedures of patients, inspects anesthesia machines and equipment to verify working condition, arranges regular or emergency servicing as needed, and replaces all used disposable components in the anesthesia machine after each operation.
The incumbent willreceive supervision from the Perioperative Nursing Program Manager and job direction is received from the Operating Room Charge Nurse and the Anesthesiologist.The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Performance of cleaning and sterilization and proper compliance with infection control standards
- Assemble equipment and turnover rooms in preparation of the patient for induction of anesthesia
- Excellent assistance with direct patient care
- Works well under pressure in time sensitive situations
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work in a team environment
To read the complete job description, please visit the website: www.cccounty.us/hr
. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months.TENTATIVE EXAM DATETentative Training and Experience Exam:
Periodically Until FilledTypical Tasks
Minimum Qualifications Education:
- Inspects anesthesia machines and equipment to verify working condition and arranges regular or emergency servicing as needed
- Inventories, acquires, and maintains department supply stock consistent with departmental needs
- Assists in preparation of patient for induction of anesthesia such as placement of BP cuff, EKG, pulse oximetry, C02 oximetry, and positioning
- Replaces all used disposable components in the anesthesia machine after each operation
- Assists the Anesthesiologist as needed during the induction of anesthesia
Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or California High School Proficiency Certificate.Certification:
Completion of an Anesthesia Technician training program and must possess and maintain a current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association or CPR certification issued by the American Red Cross.Substitution:
One (1) year of full time or equivalent of full time experience performing anesthesia services may substitute for the completion of an Anesthesia Technician training program.Selection Process Applicants must attach the required certification documents to their application that is listed on the Minimum Qualifications section. Applications submitted without the required certification documents will be considered incomplete and will therefore be disqualified.
- Application Filing: All applicants must apply online at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
- Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
- Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
- Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on theeligible list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. As part of the application process, an applicant may be required to complete a Conviction History form. The Conviction History form should only be submitted when requested.CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.