Salary: $14.06-$19.33 DOE
GILA COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
1400 E. ASH STREET, GLOBE, AZ 85501
POSTED: JUNE 28, 2019 REVISED: OCTOBER 7, 2019 OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PURPOSE OF THE JOB The purpose of this position is to ensure orderly conduct during court proceedings. This position performs bailiff duties, ensuring safety and decorum throughout the facility, escorting relevant parties to appropriate rooms and controlling access to secured areas. The role may also perform clerical duties.
This position does not supervise other employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as liaison between judge, attorneys, courtroom staff and public in order to ensure safety and orderly conduct of court business; calls court to order and maintains appropriate decorum when court is in session. 40%
• Checks in relevant parties and escorts them individually to court and hearing rooms. Opens and locks secured areas and facilities and sets up court room for operation. Ensures all jury members are present during jury trials. Ensures court staff, attorneys and defense are present in court and ready for judge's appearance.
• Answers and transfers department telephone calls and provides assistance to court personnel, as assigned. Coordinates food orders during jury deliberations; performs clerical duties; ensures the Law Library is updated and maintained.
• Performs other duties as assigned
This position has no responsibility over any types of budget.
This position does not have PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position explains County procedures or processes.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails and reports.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts extensively with employees, customers, the general public, vendors, regulatory bodies, and other groups and/or individuals and Institutions over the telephone, by email, and/or in person.
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Always (More than 85% in a year)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
One (1) year Bailiff experience and experience in dealing with the public; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be fluent in English. Valid Arizona Driver's License.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
Superior Court Administration
19-041 19 HOURS PER WEEK HOURLY SALARY: $14.06-$19.33 DOE
Customer and personal service, English language and composition, law and government, court administration, public safety regulations, judicial principles and practices; court proceedings and processes; legal terminology and documentation; regulations governing court/legal activities; Arizona statutes and court rules; Bailiff duties, responsibilities and protocol; court calendaring systems; Interpreter functions and standards; customer service standards and protocol.
Active listening, communicating diplomatically, customer service, persuading and influencing, problem solving, diversity awareness, time management and multi-tasking.
Fully and quickly comprehend spoken words, detect embedded objects or information, multi-task, speak clearly and sensibly and follow orders.
• Occasionally stands to perform public safety duties.
• Routinely sits to perform watchmen duties and to attend to other duties.
• May be required to lift work related materials or equipment up to 25 lbs.
This position occasionally spends time in office environment; routinely spends time in courtrooms and courtroom lobby; regularly spends time in library.
SAFETY RISK EXPOSURE
Incumbents in this position may become exposed to individuals with high level of emotional distress; hostile plaintiffs and/or defendants; hostile family members or other parties to the plaintiff and defendants.
PROTECTIVE GEAR & SAFETY MANUALS
This position is required to constantly follow written safety procedures and manuals relevant to the division or department.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERROR
Potential errors can cause inconveniences to other employees, and/or delays in related work areas. Delays of services are possible.
APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO FURNISH, AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE, DOCUMENTARY PROOF OF EDUCATIONS, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE OR ANY OTHER PROOF OF COMPETENCY AS REQUIRED IN THE OFFICIAL CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTION OR ANNOUNCEMENT AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND/OR BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS AS A CONTINUING CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FURTHER, APPLICANTS FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING OPERATION OF A COUNTY OR PERSONAL VEHICLE ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS MUST POSSESS AND MAINTAIN COUNTY OR PERSONAL VEHICLE OPERATORS LICENSE. GILA COUNTY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY, AND FAMILIAL STATUS IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISIONS OF SERVICE. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.