The City of Palo Alto Community Services Department seeks an Arts and Sciences Technician to support the technical needs of City Theatre facilities.About the Theatres:Cubberley Community Center Theatre -
Located at the Cubberley Community Center, the Theatre is an intimate 317 seat venue with modern technical facilities, suitable for dance performances, orchestra or music concerts, corporate or cultural presentations, film screenings, lectures, and other presentations.The City offers full technical support events, with experience presenting a wide variety of events.Lucie Stern Community Theatre -
Home to three local resident companies, including TheatreWorks, Palo Alto Players and West Bay Opera.
Limited Hourly employees are non-union and non-benefitted employees. They are limited to working 416 hours per fiscal year.Essential Duties
- Lighting and/or Sound Technician Support;
- Ability to trouble shoot technical and facility maintenance issues;
- Event-related customer support.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, which would typically be acquired through:
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 2 years working experience.
- Experience as a lighting and/or sound technician required.
- Must be comfortable working on ladders/heights, and able to lift 25 pounds.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous