RECENT ACADEMY GRADUATES - JOIN OUR TEAM!
Be a part of the Palo Alto Police Department and make a difference in the Palo Alto Community!
We are looking for men and women from all backgrounds who welcome a challenge, and who will uphold our mission statement, "To proudly protect and serve the public with respect and integrity." To those who accept this challenge, we offer great pay and benefits, ample opportunities for specialty assignments and advancement, outstanding training, and the privilege to serve the community of Palo Alto. The Palo Alto Police Department is dedicated to providing the highest level of police services toour community. Objectivity, integrity, equality, justice and honor are our guiding values in executing our duties and obligations, while ensuring the continuation of excellent customer service.Click here to learn more about our exceptional Palo Alto Police Department
- PAPD Ideal Candidate:
Palo Alto is looking for dynamic, community oriented individuals with a progressive team oriented approach.The ideal candidate will havea sense of service, dedication, and commitmentto providing quality customer service. We are looking for community oriented individuals with strong ethics and a commitment to integrity.Essential Duties
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Patrols an assigned area for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Responds as dispatched to scenes of disorder, disaster, or crime to take appropriate action.
- Investigates and reports crimes, accidents, offenses, and damage to property.
- Makes arrests.
- Prepares cases and evidence for trial and appears in court as witness.
- Participates in community relations activity.
- Processes and serves warrants and subpoenas, compiles identification data, performs related tasks as required, not inconsistent with the attainment of departmental goals.
Click on the following link to view entire job description - Police Officer Minimum Qualifications
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities which would typically be acquired through:
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Completion of a California POST certified police academy Regular Basic Course
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License at time of appointment.
- Pre-employment: ability to pass drug and alcohol test; candidates must not have been convicted by any state or by the federal government of a crime, the punishment for which could have been imprisonment in a federal penitentiary or a state prison.
- Weight in proportion to height.
- Visual rating correctable to 20/30 in both eyes. Possess normal color vision.
- If military veteran, discharges other than honorable will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Satisfactory results on appropriate written, medical, background and psychiatric examinations.
- Citizenship: must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or have applied for citizenship.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous