The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Statistical Research Specialist III providing support to Medical Facilities. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34001367) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here]
. The annual salary for this position is up to $54,080.00 based on education and experience.Travel Required
• Receives, reviews and compiles complex statistical data; compiles and edits data for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares questionnaires and other forms for use in gathering and reporting data; applies statistical procedures and tabulations in analysis of data collected.
• Designs analytic and assessment tools which incorporate suitable statistical tests.
• Provides consultation to managers and administrators to aid in the development of appropriate assessment and evaluation mechanisms for programs and services.
• Prepares and arranges statistical tables and charts for compilation into manuals, handbooks and reports.
• Analyzes and interprets data, using statistical research programs or other methods, and makes projections based on statistical inference.
• Analyzes a wide variety of management issues and recommends solutions to enhance program delivery.
• Prepares and submits grant applications for statistical programs following administrative guidelines.
• Plans program activities; prepares budget information for program area; supervises and trains personnel in the collection, processing, tabulation and analysis of data.
• Conducts studies and develops plans to determine availability and development of resources, facilities and services.
• Defines goals, objectives, criteria and standards of evaluation for comprehensive systems planning.Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, occasional stooping and kneeling is required to move or maintain material and workspace.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
• Light to moderate lifting is required
• Ability to uphold the stress of occasional traveling which may include extended daily hours or rarely overnight travel. The financial ability to pay for overnight travel arrangements is required to allow for the processing of travel reimbursement from the Department of Health.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Office setting with florescent overhead lighting. Access to natural light may be limited.
• Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
• Ability to work in a confined area or at an assigned cubical.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. STATE EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE "INTERNAL JOBS" LISTING HERE
. BASIC PURPOSE
Positions in this job family are involved in planning and conducting statistical and program management research. This includes positions that are involved in employment, training and facilities projects.LEVEL DESCRIPTORS
The Statistical Research Specialist job family consists of four levels of work which are distinguished by the depth and breadth of accountability, the expertise required to perform assigned duties and the responsibility for providing leadership to others. Level III:
This is the specialist level. Incumbents have specialized knowledge in a specific research area, such as planning and developing retrospective and prospective statistical studies for administrative and programmatic purposes using pre/post comparisons and contrast or control groups. Work may include research or studies of the population, demographics, trend analysis, economics, general business, health status and diseases. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Level III:
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree which includes nine semester hours in statistics, statistical research methods, economics, demographic or social research statistics plus three (3) years of experience in technical statistical and research work; or a master's degree in a social science, business administration or public administration which includes nine semester hours of advanced statistical methods plus one (1) year of experience in technical statistical and research work. NOTES
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted. Selection Plan Scores based on:
100% Qualification Review
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Closing Date/Time: 9/5/2019 11:59:00 PM