COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES PROBATION DEPARTMENTTRANSFER OPPORTUNITYJOB#TRPB4104-01TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
LATERAL TRANSFER (NON-COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY)
The Probation Department's Management Services Bureau is seeking a highly motivated, well-qualified individual to fill the position of Principal Facilities Planning Assistant in theFacilities PlanningUnit.Restricted to permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have passed their initial probationary period and are currently holding the payroll title ofPrincipal Facilities Planning Assistant.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, and time history report (prime variances only) for the last two (2) years to:Dario GarciaLA County Probation DepartmentHuman Resources DivisionExamination and Recruitment Unit9150 East Imperial HighwayDowney, CA 90242Phone: (562) 382-2237Please email documents to Dario.Garcia@probation.lacounty.gov with the subject line: Principal Facilities Planning Assistant -Facilities Planning
All submitted documents will be evaluated and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Successful candidates must complete a background check which includes a review of their official personnel folder and reference checks.
Essential Job Functions
- Confers with administrative and operating personnel of departments to discuss space needs and special requirements in order to prepare program statements and space layouts for proposed or existing buildings.
- Assists in the determination of space needs in terms of anticipated operational requirements, making projections and recommendations for intermediate and long term building expansion programs.
- Assists in coordinating capital projects or other building or alteration projects and represents the interests of the department or the County in contacts with private architects, Chief Executive Office, lessors, and others; interprets department requirements or County policy and architectural standards.
- Coordinates construction and alteration projects with Federal or State agencies which participated financially, providing such technical or other information as may be required.
- Conducts studies of existing buildings in order to make recommendations regarding suitability for County purposes and to provide preliminary alteration cost estimates which serve as guidelines to personnel who negotiate leases and the purchase of property.
- Reviews plans and specifications prepared by contract architects for compliance with the needs of the department or County standards and limitations imposed by the Chief Executive Office.
- Coordinates projects during the construction phase, making recommendations regarding proposed substitutions of materials or change orders for additional work.
- Inspects work in progress and participates in final acceptance inspections of construction and alteration projects to determine if work meets departments needs or is in accordance with approved plans, specifications and County standards.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD application to prepare architectural and engineering drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task on a daily basis
- Dependable and adaptable
- Organization skills
Permanent County of Los Angeles employees that have passed their initial probationary period and currently hold the payroll title of Principal Facilities Planning Assistant.THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
This vacancy is located at:Probation Headquarters
9150 East Imperial Highway
Downey, CA 90242