TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH9011A-19-13
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
The Department of Children and Family Services, Out-of-Home Care Management Division (OHCMD), is looking fora highlyqualifiedindividual to assumeresponsibility asa Supervising Appeals Hearing Specialist (SAHS) to workin the Development/State Appeals Section. The position is located at 9320 Telstar Avenue, Suite 216, El Monte, CA 91731.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Thoroughly research the hearing request to determine the appropriateness of the County's action; liaison and collaborate with various State and Local agencies, other County departments, DCFS staff and attorneys with regard to social service and eligibility program requirements.
- Review correspondence and make recommendations concerning appeal cases to ensure the correct application of regulations is in order.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must currently hold the payroll title of Supervising Appeals Hearing Specialist.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interact with stakeholders, community partners, public and private agencies, other County Departments and all levels of staff.
- Strong background in child welfare and a thorough understanding of the Department's mission/goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-Starter, ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as a member of a team.
- Strong computer and organizational skills preferred.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. The most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview. Submission of interest does not guarantee an interview.The interview process will be used to determine the final employee selection. Before extending an offer to candidates, the offer must first be cleared by the Personnel Section. This notice will remain open until the needs of the Department are met.
Individuals interested in transferring should submit a cover letter with EMPLOYEE NUMBER
, résumé (which includes a cell phone number and e-mail address, if available), copies of their last two performance evaluations, timerecord for the past 24 months (prime variance only) and two writing samples. The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications. CLEARLY INDICATE ON THE COVER LETTER, THE COMPLETE TITLE OF THE VACANCY EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED IN THE TEXT BOX HEADING ABOVE. REQUESTED MATERIALS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO:
Elaine Tran, Secretary III
LOS ANGELES COUNTY, DCFS
9320 Telstar Avenue, Suite 216
El Monte, CA 91731