This is an unclassified position. Interested individuals must apply as directed in the brochure.
To view and print a copy of the brochure for this position, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES IS AN ACTIVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essential Job Functions
Are you ready to join a team of highly engaged professionals with a real passion for public service? As Assistant Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk, you report directly to the Chief Deputy and the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk in the overall management of the Department. You will specifically direct election logistics, fiscal compliance, finance and management, and human resources.
- Five years of senior management experience directing, through subordinate managers, election logistics, fiscal compliance, finance and management, and/or human resources.
- LICENSE: A valid California Class "C" Drivers' License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job?related essential functions.
- Experience solving departmental problems related to procedure, organizational and management policies, budget, capital projects, compensation, and other administrative areas.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write assessment reports containing statistical and comparative analyses, as necessary.
- Confirmed knowledge, skills and ability to work effectively, and represent the RR/CC before a variety of organizations, including government agencies, private companies and community organizations.
- Ability and cultural sensitivity in solving problems of interpersonal work relationships and employee-customer issues among a sizable ethnically diverse workforce, which serves the public.
- Knowledge of and experience in preparing County budgets, monitoring expenditures and handling contracts; interpreting legislation related to grant funding and governmental finance.
- Knowledge of federal, State, and local laws and guidelines pertaining to election administration and document recording.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field.