This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible list for both full time and extra help vacancies as they occur. Extra help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week. Extra Help pay is up to $19.04 per hour. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operates computer to track officer movement and inmates/minors assigned to a specific facility.
- Looks for aggressive behavior or other potential security problems between inmates/juveniles notifying Correctional Officer or Juvenile Institutions Officer on duty of all suspicious behaviors.
- Maintains visitor and inmate/juvenile access control.
- Ensures Correctional Officer or Juvenile Institutions Officer access to secured areas.
- Makes announcements to inmates/juveniles and officers on duty.
- Assists the public with inmate/juvenile and facility information and provides them with general procedural information.
- Transmits information between housing units, medical, control, commissary, etc.
- Assigns computer based alpha or numeric identification codes to inmates/juveniles.
- Determines routing of information based on content and knowledge of unit operations.
- Records and processes bail and/or court fees from schedule on inmates in custody.
- Prepares reports and other related written material.
- May assist with the processing of prisoners/detainees. May also testify in court on matters relating to inmates/juveniles.
Minimum Qualifications: Education:
Equivalent to graduation from High School.OPTION IExperience:
Two (2) years of full time experience as a security guard, dispatcher, computer/surveillance terminal operator, or similar work in a related public law enforcement field or military service. One year of college or business school may substitute for one year of required experience.OPTION IIExperience:
Two (2) years of full time clerical experience which involved increased responsibility
and public contact. One year of college or business school may substitute for one year of required
experience. Work experience in a law enforcement agency is desirable.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous